Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

281 - 300 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just shy of two months and still no issues overall. I will randomly have one sometimes when getting a call when it pics up IE right before saying hello but it's barely noticeable and isn't consistent.

·
Registered
1 Posts
saw this on another board:

I kept complaining about the noise and finally they contacted Honda HQ who instructed them to use "Chassis Ears" sensors. The Chassis Ears are placed on several locations on the front area of the car and the noise was loudest at the left front strut. Dealer removed left front strut and lubed mating surfaces on strut and body. I have not heard the metal to metal ticking noise since they did the lubrication on the left front strut.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Curious if those of you who posted here after fix are still no longer having issues. Crackling in wife’s 2020 elite started this week after less than 1,500 miles. She’s making appointment for the active recall(s). Will those recalls cover this noise, or did you have to point it out? I figure to mention anyway, but curious if the recalls specifically include this crackling symptom. I assume we have similar symptoms. I hear crackling whether my audio is on or not and whether I’m in a call or not. Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
87 Posts
Call your dealer (or call around) and ask them if they have the FAKRA connectors available. If you have the same problem and they do have them that should fix it. Mine had them readily available--my dealer says they've already fixed 200 cars this way. My having an open ticket seemed to have no effect on this -- the dealer already had the parts.
For the case of my 2020 BE, the SBs 19-097 and 20-047 did not fix the crackling sound. I plan on calling around for this FAKRA connectors as this is what I think will resolve this issue.

·
Registered
2020 Black Edition Pilot
1 Posts
Hi All, I just joined but have been lurking for a year now. I own a 2020 Black Edition and went through everything you all have and are going through. I just brought in my Pilot to the dealer here in San Antonio and Im happy to report that the service manager not only knew what I was talking about but flat out told me it will be fixed. Dropped it off yesterday at 8:30 AM and had it back by 3 PM . @0 mile drive back home and no pops and no clicks. Everything is great! I had the recall done and I had TSB 20-058 performed as well. Ive been waiting a year on this and finally couldnt stand it anymore. Even bought diodes so that Icould attempt the AC clutch fix...Feels good to have a good vehicle again

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sadly something happened and appears to be back or a different but similar issue. As wife was driving car and the car went crazy with popping noises. She turned it off and it finally stopped when turned back on didn’t make the popping any more. Luckily she caught a video of it. I will be taking it back to the dealer after thanksgiving :(. I was hoping the tsb would have fixed it :( but appears it didn’t.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sadly something happened and appears to be back or a different but similar issue. As wife was driving car and the car went crazy with popping noises. She turned it off and it finally stopped when turned back on didn’t make the popping any more. Luckily she caught a video of it. I will be taking it back to the dealer after thanksgiving :(. I was hoping the tsb would have fixed it :( but appears it didn’t.
I couldnt wait the poping was crazy took it in to the dealer they are checking it out

·
Registered
47 Posts
I couldnt wait the poping was crazy took it in to the dealer they are checking it out
I had the wiring harness for the infotainment center and instrument cluster changed a couple of months ago and it took care of problem till a couple of weeks ago. Turns out that some models (Touring and above) have another potential issue where wiring needs to be rerouted or replaced. On the separate amplifier. Have them check that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had the wiring harness for the infotainment center and instrument cluster changed a couple of months ago and it took care of problem till a couple of weeks ago. Turns out that some models (Touring and above) have another potential issue where wiring needs to be rerouted or replaced. On the separate amplifier. Have them check that out.

Thanks will see what they find out and mention that to them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Posted this back in September: "Purchased our Pilot Touring AWS on 5/31/20. A month later, observed some very faint "crackling" noise from the speakers and/or front dash. Began looking at some posts on here and found out numerous owners are experiencing the same issue(s) The crackling continued into the early part of August. But, not until the end of August did the crackling become more pronounced, and finally, the instrument panel AND audio/information screen went dark. Amongst the error messages were: "Radio unavailable, Network Communication Lost, MOST Net Off" (have videos of incidents). Subsequently, the Honda recall hit the news and our Pilot went into the dealer for service on 9/26. Service Advisor was aware of the crackling and offered to run a diagnostic. During the visit, Service Advisor reported that a number of connections were being replaced. Software upgrades were done and no crackling can be heard. We were further told that IF the crackling was to return, we'd need to call up Honda Corporation, whereupon an Engineer would be dispatched to the dealer. It was also reassuring to hear the only 2 owners have had to endure a 2nd round of repairs. We will continue to monitor the issue and will update as needed....crossing our fingers!!!"
UPDATE: Well into two months and have had NO crackling/popping noises. A number of threads on this forum points to the MOST Bus Network. The cause listed for my repair was indeed "BUS connections".

·
Registered
1 Posts
2020 Pilot ex-l.
Like others, mine started with a popping/staitic noise around 1200 miles. The dealer insisted it needed an update (visit#1). Within a few days, the screen went blank and rebooted and the popping noise returned but much worse. Dealer check all connections, and found a bent wire and straightened it out. Said the next time, they will replace harness (visit#2) Week went by and the popping noise returned, drove immediately to dealer, with video in hand. Made an appt for a loaner car 2 days later(visit#3). In the 2 days, the screen blanked once real quick. I was able to catch the tail end of it on video. Took car in, just rec'd call last night, they were not able to read any errors on the internal computer, so no new wire harness. There is nothing they can do, as per their district manager. I told them, I didn't want it anymore, and to have the service and sales manager ready when I arrived with the loaner.
Its been in there 3 times, and they can't fix or won't fix it.
How did it turn out? Did they finally fix it or did they take the car back? I’m on visit 2 now and they talk to me like sorry - we couldn’t duplicate it. I’m like well, it does it ever day. They have a Honda ‘field engineer’ coming out to take a look now. I’d love to just give it back.

·
Registered
813 Posts
How did it turn out? Did they finally fix it or did they take the car back? I’m on visit 2 now and they talk to me like sorry - we couldn’t duplicate it. I’m like well, it does it ever day. They have a Honda ‘field engineer’ coming out to take a look now. I’d love to just give it back.
You should try another dealer. There's no way your dealer doesn't know about this issue. They should know the solution to your problem as soon as you tell them instead of actually seeing it for themselves.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Said car should be ready tomorrow. In addition to the recall already performed They have the honda engineer/tech in and "they are installing some new cables to the MOST Network and changing out the rest of the connectors in the system." hopefully this does it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Said car should be ready tomorrow. In addition to the recall already performed They have the honda engineer/tech in and "they are installing some new cables to the MOST Network and changing out the rest of the connectors in the system." hopefully this does it.
Mine has been back for about 1 week now, and seems to be okay now. Everything seems to be working without issue but time will tell. Have had it in for a grand total of 4 times and 2 full weeks in a rental. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine has been back for about 1 week now, and seems to be okay now. Everything seems to be working without issue but time will tell. Have had it in for a grand total of 4 times and 2 full weeks in a rental. Fingers crossed.

Went on a 5 hr round trip (each way) for work and after going through some construction zone bumpy stretches, a crackling sound started across the speakers, and the infotainment console went dark 10 minutes later. Stayed dark for about 30 minutes. Finally came back on after but cracklings sound on CarPlay and Bluetooth remained. Pilot is back in the shop again since Saturday. Waiting foe news today.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I first asked the service mgr if the problem needed to be reproducible, but he said to just bring it in, which I did today. Here's the work order:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I first asked the service mgr if the problem needed to be reproducible, but he said to just bring it in, which I did today. Here's the work order:

View attachment 144059
When I picked it up the rep told me there was a service bulletin for this which apparently is not like a recall but if a customer reports the crackling radio problem then the prescribed fix is what is shown above.

No charge under warranty.

·
Registered
32 Posts
When I picked it up the rep told me there was a service bulletin for this which apparently is not like a recall but if a customer reports the crackling radio problem then the prescribed fix is what is shown above.

No charge under warranty.
Im a Tech in Sask, i would like to know if you ever have popping or crackling come back. I have only had 2 customers experience the issue and i was able to fix them before the bulletin came out by simply moving the DVD/Bluray MOST connector.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Im a Tech in Sask, i would like to know if you ever have popping or crackling come back. I have only had 2 customers experience the issue and i was able to fix them before the bulletin came out by simply moving the DVD/Bluray MOST connector.
Will advise if it comes back.

We purchased the 7-year warranty. Glad we did.

281 - 300 of 325 Posts