Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

261 - 274 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
great, hope it stays that way!
yes hope it stays that way. The previous "fixes" all seemed to last right at about a month and half so i will start thinking its fixed for good once 2 months or more passes. The local tech and service manager seemed to think this was the fix and that I wont see them again for this issue. I told them I hope they are right :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Had this issue with my Pilot. Been hearing the random crackles when using the audio system. I only use Apple carplay, so can’t compare this with other audio inputs. Updated the software via the update download last weekend. That installed fine. Though this past weekend the crackling through the speakers was getting worse and then when I went to start the Pilot the infotainment system rebooted about two times and then things started working fine after the third reboot. Anyways dropped it off at the dealer who stated it will take 2 days to fix, so hoping this fixes the issue.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Supposedly some software update that consumers don’t have access to was installed yesterday and that didn’t solve the issue. Today the connectors are getting replaced as per the TSB. I did ask if the dealer could replace the connectors from the start, but supposedly they need try the software update first and then waste everyone’s time with the full on cable/connectors replacement.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Haven't picked up the Pilot up yet, but the service advisor called and said the tech accidentally cracked the screen protector I have on the infotainment. On the bright side they admitted to the fault and the dealer is reimbursing me for a replacement screen protector. Granted the screen protectors are $12 or so on Amazon or eBay, but glad the dealer at least was honest.

Wanted to mention this since we all, even myself, will complain about the negative feedback we have about a dealer, but rarely praise them when they do something right. This is a dealer I have gone to before. They even accidentally cracked the grille of a CRV I took to them for an oil change visit, but once I pointed this out, without any hesitation the service manager agreed to have the part replaced.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the update, glad they were honest and that the screen protector did it’s job of protecting the actual screen! Hopefully the TSB will resolve the cracking noise issue. Mine is good so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quick question for anyone:

1. is this the first ever official service bulletin that Honda has released for the crackling and popping noise in Pilots. I believe there was one more before that was released regarding ensuring that MOST connectors are properly fixed in place and rerouting wires. Not sure if that was an official TSB?

2. does anyone have the latest TSB handy? If so, can you share here?
We just bought a Pilot with 1000 miles; within 2 weeks the noise started. Took it back and they fixed with:

"replace most network connections per sb 20-058 Cause: could be the cause of both complaints, replace connector and test drive Correction: TECH replace most network connections per sb 20-058 "

Wife just picked up and driving home. Will advise if it worked.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
We've had ours back for about a week and so far, it seems fine. I might put some miles on it this weekend instead of using my truck to see how it does, but it's probably got 300 miles from my wife's work commute on it since we got it back. I won't get excited until I reach the Christmas timeframe and it's still trouble-free.

·
Registered
2019 Touring AWD BLK
2 Posts
2019 Pilot Touring AWD, Popping/Static/Crackling from speakers.
What's the most recent update on this issue? Any Honda Corporate response?

3rd Service attempt to fix. I'm going to continue to take in my Pilot in to service over and over again documenting the issue they cant resolve. Really sad, I love this SUV and just want this issue fixed. I will be taking my Pilot back in soon and meet with dealer service manager so he can put pressure back to Honda corporate.

Last service done: Issue still persist. 9/11/20
FAKRA Service Housing 39817-TJB-AC0
MOST 39165-TG7-BD0
MOST 39165-TG7-BC0

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you have you carr fix
Took our 2020 Touring in yesterday for the popping sound. Service Writer says they still do not currently have a fix but would make note of our issue int he system. He said we would get a notice whena fix was available. He said the last fix isn't workin
Hey there. I had the same problem. Turns out the ends of the most connectors are not properly shielded. They need to be taped apart so that they cant get close to each other. This fix has to be done at ALL MOST connections. I've been good for 2+ months since this was done.

·
Registered
6 Posts

3rd Service attempt to fix. I'm going to continue to take in my Pilot in to service over and over again documenting the issue they cant resolve. Really sad, I love this SUV and just want this issue fixed. I will be taking my Pilot back in soon and meet with dealer service manager so he can put pressure back to Honda corporate.

MOST 39165-TG7-BD0
MOST 39165-TG7-BC0
HI there,
You don't need any new parts. You need them to tape the ends of the MOST connectors so that the wires at the tip can not touch. This needs to be done at ALL connection locations. I had this done two months ago after having it 4 times in the 4 months that I have had my Pilot. Honda Canada told my dealership about this.

·
Registered
153 Posts

MOST 39165-TG7-BD0
MOST 39165-TG7-BC0
The Touring trim is supposed to have 4 service cables installed as part of TSB 20-058. Did the dealer install the other 2 service cables? Also 4 FAKRA service housings are used On Touring trims vs 2 on the lower trims. The additional FAKRA housings are used on the tuner unit in the rear of the vehicle.

Attachments

261 - 274 of 274 Posts