Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

241 - 260 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
So as part of TSB 20-058, they need to replace the following parts to potentially fix the popping/crackling noise:

(4) 39817-TJB-AC0 HOUSING FAKRA SERVICE
(1) 39165-TG7-BD0 CORD MOST SERVICE
(1) 39165-TG7-BC0 CORD MOST SERVICE
(1) 39165-TG7-BA0 CORD MOST SERVICE
(1) 39165-TG7-BB0 CORD MOST SERVICE
Is this only for people who have had the issue, or this this for everybody?

·
Registered
25 Posts
So this is a Technical Service Bulletin and NOT a Recall. It is only for people who actually have this issue of popping/crackling noise from speakers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We've had the 2 recalls + the 20-058 done on our Pilot finally. It's been over a few speed bumps and rough drive entrances but time will tell if the new parts will hold up.

In the mean time, for all the folks on this forum page who have not done so, go report your issues like I did on the National Highway Traffic Saftey Administration's website. (You will need your VIN #)
And look at the complaints piling up there. All have nearly identical descriptions of the problems.

If enough complaints are filed, this will be made into an actual recall, which I truly believe it should already be a recall based on the number of vehicles with known VIN numbers demonstrating this problem.

It's very disappointing that Honda dealerships were selling and are still selling these vehicles knowing this problem is systemic and very real.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi. Recalls and 20-058 were done 2 weeks ago on our 2020 Pilot Touring. So far, so good. (Knock on wood) I, too, posted my complaint on the NHTSA site and am equally disappointed in Honda. We've been Honda owners/advocates for decades but this experience has really diminished my confidence in Honda quality/customer service. Had I known of this ongoing issue last year before we spent $50,000 on a new vehicle/extended warranty we likely would have gone with a different make/manufacturer.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Elite, Lunar Silver, stock (so far)
20 Posts
We had the recalls and 20-058 performed. It seems like they narrowed the majority of the problems to 2 sets of connectors, so they changed them from straight in all cases, to some right angle connectors and extension cables to relieve tension.

We haven't had any problems since, for which we are grateful. It was very discouraging when a brand new car misbehaved this way. I argued with the sales guy that the repair could still come loose after awhile, even if that period were 10 years away so the warrany should be extended to cover the repair. He obviously disagreed.

If it became a recall, it seems likely that if there were reliability issues down the road Honda would have to address those regardless of whether you were in warrantee or not. I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know for sure.

Probably worth continuing to add to the NHTSA site.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dropped 2020 Elite at dealer today to hopefully fix the speaker crackling, intermittent loss of radio, backup camera, speedometer, RES DVD, wireless charger, etc... They are applying the 20-047 and 20-051 campaigns and replacing MOST connectors; tearing apart the whole car. I guess that mean the 20-058. It really sucks! I hope they put it back together properly and don't leave broken clips dangling etc... Let's hope it really gets resolved this time. Very frustrating. Multiple dealer visits.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Got the call from the service advisor, parts are in. Pilot goes in Tuesday. He says they may need it for up to five days, so we are getting a loaner. Stay tuned...

Reactions: Cbayman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got the call from the service advisor, parts are in. Pilot goes in Tuesday. He says they may need it for up to five days, so we are getting a loaner. Stay tuned...
5 days sounds excessive. I dropped mine off this morning at 8:00 and got a call at 1:00 that it was ready. TSB and recall were both done. Service director at my dealership said it's a 3 hour job.

·
Registered
8 Posts
5 days sounds excessive. I dropped mine off this morning at 8:00 and got a call at 1:00 that it was ready. TSB and recall were both done. Service director and my dealership said it's a 3 hour job.
Agreed. 5 days is long. 3 days at most... unless the service department is not familiar with the job and they are learning on your pilot. I just got mine back today. I saw it in the middle of the process while panels were removed all throughout the interior - front, back, sides.... I've only driven a handful of of miles so far and everything seems to be working and no crackling noises. I really hope problems don't come back again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
They had mine for several days but the bulk of that was awaiting next steps from Honda as to how long it would be to receive the parts. I got a call in the late afternoon that they had unexpected

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Five days is definitely excessive, I suspect that the service writer was doing the old under-promise and over-deliver routine.

Reactions: ys1219

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 2020 Elite (now 940 miles), had the infotainment issues, all software recalls and 020-058 applied. It ran well from about 450 to 900 miles but has failed twice in the same way since. Really bummed, I thought they'd nailed it but they lulled me into a false sense of security.

I truly hope everyone else has their problems resolved with the latest service bulletin and sorry for being a wet blanket on this issue.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My 2020 Elite (now 940 miles), had the infotainment issues, all software recalls and 020-058 applied. It ran well from about 450 to 900 miles but has failed twice in the same way since. Really bummed, I thought they'd nailed it but they lulled me into a false sense of security.

I truly hope everyone else has their problems resolved with the latest service bulletin and sorry for being a wet blanket on this issue.
hello, so your speaker are crackling again after the 20-058 TSB repair? This is so unacceptable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My problems do not end with popping and cracking. Periodically, I lose all audio to the system. XM, FM, Bluetooth, audio prompts from the nav system, the phone, everything. When it fails the display shows "No audio connection".

I'd say it's very likely that my problem is not the same as is supposed to be addressed by 20-058. From what I've seen in the bulletin, that service will probably address cars that are having the popping and crackling issue. I hope so! For me and my whole collection of problems, it did not address my issue of "No audio connection."

·
Registered
37 Posts
We are still popping noise free

Just picked up the vehicle. They performed 20-058 along with the original intent of 20-047 and 20-051. TSB 20-058 states they replaced the following:
(4) 39817-TJB-AC0 HOUSING FAKRA SERVICE
(1) 39165-TG7-BD0 CORD MOST SERVICE
(1) 39165-TG7-BC0 CORD MOST SERVICE
(1) 39165-TG7-BA0 CORD MOST SERVICE
(1) 39165-TG7-BB0 CORD MOST SERVICE

According to my wife from the short drive home that there is NO popping sounds. We surely hope this corrected the annoyance.

241 - 260 of 274 Posts