Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

221 - 240 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Took our 2020 Touring in yesterday for the popping sound. Service Writer says they still do not currently have a fix but would make note of our issue int he system. He said we would get a notice whena fix was available. He said the last fix isn't workin

·
Registered
25 Posts
Took our 2020 Touring in yesterday for the popping sound. Service Writer says they still do not currently have a fix but would make note of our issue int he system. He said we would get a notice whena fix was available. He said the last fix isn't workin
Hi thanks for the update. What is the last fix? Is it the 20-058 service bulletin?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Was the recall only for the 2019 Pilot? I got a recall notice for my 2020 from the HondaLink app. It’s about the gauges too but I haven’t had any issues. I haven’t scheduled my appointment with the dealer yet tho.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2020 Pilot ex-l.
Like others, mine started with a popping/staitic noise around 1200 miles. The dealer insisted it needed an update (visit#1). Within a few days, the screen went blank and rebooted and the popping noise returned but much worse. Dealer check all connections, and found a bent wire and straightened it out. Said the next time, they will replace harness (visit#2) Week went by and the popping noise returned, drove immediately to dealer, with video in hand. Made an appt for a loaner car 2 days later(visit#3). In the 2 days, the screen blanked once real quick. I was able to catch the tail end of it on video. Took car in, just rec'd call last night, they were not able to read any errors on the internal computer, so no new wire harness. There is nothing they can do, as per their district manager. I told them, I didn't want it anymore, and to have the service and sales manager ready when I arrived with the loaner.
Its been in there 3 times, and they can't fix or won't fix it.
Did you have you carr fix

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 20 19 I bought in February
I have the same problem of all above. been in for 3 times dash wiring replaced floor wiring replaced Blu-ray player replaced . I'm giving them 1 more chance at fixing the popping and crackling noise has anyone looked into the lemon laws . My understanding in Indiana if you have the same problem 3 times in 18 months they have to take the vehicle back
Can I know if they fix your vehicle

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just picked up the vehicle. They performed 20-058 along with the original intent of 20-047 and 20-051. TSB 20-058 states they replaced the following:
(4) 39817-TJB-AC0 HOUSING FAKRA SERVICE
(1) 39165-TG7-BD0 CORD MOST SERVICE
(1) 39165-TG7-BC0 CORD MOST SERVICE
(1) 39165-TG7-BA0 CORD MOST SERVICE
(1) 39165-TG7-BB0 CORD MOST SERVICE

According to my wife from the short drive home that there is NO popping sounds. We surely hope this corrected the annoyance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just picked up the vehicle. They performed 20-058 along with the original intent of 20-047 and 20-051. TSB 20-058 states they replaced the following:

According to my wife from the short drive home that there is NO popping sounds. We surely hope this corrected the annoyance.
thats great update us again in a few weeks. Mine is still popping free at almost a month out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, all. We purchased a new 2020 AWD Pilot Touring in December of last year. Intermittent popping began at approximately 1,000 miles. It became CONSTANT over time & the infotainment screen/backup cam went completely out a few days ago at 3,500 miles. That finally prompted my taking it in given there were also 2 other recalls to be remedied. I had been just dealing with it given the whole covid situation. They performed the same TSB 20-058 fix that RitcheyRch references (purchased at Honda in Irving, but serviced at Honda, Denton because that's a more convenient location for us). I picked it up yesterday, so we'll see. So far, so good. I'm quite disappointed in Honda for continuing to roll these out with this known issue that's apparently been going on for YEARS.

·
Registered
9 Posts
They had the vehicle approx. 4 days. At drop off I was armed with previous TSB info/fixes that were futile & reiterated not to touch it until they contacted Honda for the LATEST fix. The next morning I was contacted that the new repair had just dropped but parts were not yet readily accessible. He would keep me posted when he heard next steps from Honda. The next day I received a call that he was happily surprised they would get them sent quickly & I would essentially be the DFW guinea pig. Dropped my 2020 Pilot Touring off at Denton, Honda on Monday morning 8/10 & picked up a loaner CRV. My vehicle was ready for pick up by noon on Thursday, 8/13. Time will tell...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello. Granted we don't do as much driving as pre covid to get the best guage... but so far, so good. I can finally get behind the wheel & enjoy the vehicle as it should have been all along. Hoping it continues!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes makes sense. Thank you for the update. My dealership is still waiting for the parts to come in. Let’s hope this fixes it permanently.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Yes makes sense. Thank you for the update. My dealership is still waiting for the parts to come in. Let’s hope this fixes it permanently.
I don't think they need any "parts" to do this fix unless you're getting a new wiring harness. It's just a software update.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So as part of TSB 20-058, they need to replace the following parts to potentially fix the popping/crackling noise:

221 - 240 of 274 Posts