Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ super fancy seats
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 Pilot EX-L had some kind of electrical hiccup when the front driver side turn signal bulb burned out. It took the brake light switch-cruise side, the cruise light on the dash switch/cruise stopped working, driver seat slide forward/back, & rear passenger side over the door light would stay on if the door switch on the dash is set to door. Weird right? The brake switch also started clicking when pressed so I changed it. The fuse tests ok but when I changed it, the light on the cruise button came back on & cruise started working. I decided to swap out all the fuses. They are discolored & some have rough spots &(maybe a little oxidation?) She did sit 5yrs. All of the fuses test as good but the swap out fixed everything. Seat slides, door light works as it should. I haven't changed the box fuses yet but will. I am curious though as to why fuses would act blown? Would tiny bits of oxidation mess with the contact ? I'm including a pic of some of the fuses. They all look the same. I'm hoping someone with electrical knowledge has a theory about this.
Product Motor vehicle Rectangle Font Wood

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,367 Posts
I’d also check what the contacts on the fuse box look like. I’ll bet they’re pretty bad if you have oxidation/corrosion on the fuse legs.

Reactions: plplplpl and Jtxl

·
Registered
2003 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ super fancy seats
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’d also check what the contacts on the fuse box look like. I’ll bet they’re pretty bad if you have oxidation/corrosion on the fuse legs.
Thanks I will look it over. When I took the fuses out, what I could see was shiny but I wasn't paying attention to it. I think it spent a lot of time at the beach. Salt air maybe? Under the car looks good except rust by the wheels. He must have forgot to hose them off. I'm thinking wire brush and some rust bullet. This is as close as I could get a pic. The brown is smooth so I'm thinking burn? The white is chalky feeling so I'm thinking oxidation. Do you think so? The wheel pic is almost the only rust underneath
Gold Triangle Wood Paint Font
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle brake Tread

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,367 Posts
The photo of the fuse is too grainy to determine what the brown color is. The fuse legs should not be getting hot enough to discolor, but with the added resistance on the legs from the oxidation I guess it’s possible.

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,373 Posts
Unless the vehicle has been flooded, simply pulling a good fuse/relay out and reinserting will/can improve the connection. I recommend doing this at least once if your vehicle is 10+ years old.

Reactions: plplplpl
1 - 5 of 5 Posts