Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem, rough idle and shut down if cold. I change the fuel pump, ignition coil, egr valve, pcv valve, spark plug, timing belt, water pump and intake tube. I got random missfire code again. Pilot 4wd 2008 300km

·
Registered
603 Posts
Are you pulling codes? Which codes specifically? Are you also getting a P0420?

·
Registered
5,534 Posts

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,945 Posts
You might need to clean the EGR passages on the upper intake manifold.
That’s a lot of parts which have been thrown at this issue. As mentioned above get the codes read, preferably by a scan tool capable of deciphering Honda specific codes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might need to clean the EGR passages on the upper intake manifold.
That’s a lot of parts which have been thrown at this issue. As mentioned above get the codes read, preferably by a scan tool capable of deciphering Honda specific codes.
I had already did this :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Where did you get your spark plugs? if Amazon or E-Bay you could have counter fits and they are bad news. This is what they can do inside an engine. This came out of my CRV had less than 1000KM on it and I was getting miss fire codes 2 days before the engine lost 2 cylinders. pulled the 4 plugs, this was the worst but there was one almost as bad and the 2 still working were not going to for long. I had bought the 4 from a well rated seller on Ebay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts