Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a container of Rain-X wipes today, and went through 7 or 8 out of 25 for one treatment of all the glass. The only thing these wipes are good for is applying the Rain-X you squirt on them from the bottle.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Hey jay, thanks for letting us know of those wipes. I was very tempted to buy them the last time I was in the store, but ended up buying the liquid bottle instead.

I'm currently using Rain-X's windshield fluid as well, in addition to the window treatment and what mildly concerns me is how it says on the treatment bottle not to let the liquid come in contact with a painted surface. However, here is no mention of that on the windshield jug, but since when the Pilot sprays the windshield fluid, inevitably some of that ends up on the hood and I wonder if there'd be any damage to the hood surface due to longterm usage of it.

Anybody know anything about this at all? Thanks.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RipRock,

I've used the Rain-X washer fluid in the Pilot with no ill effects. It's hard to find here in Northern VA, but I prefer the Rain-X fluid.

I just need to remember to top it up before going to the dealer for service. They top up the washer reservoir with the cheap blue stuff.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
jay said:
RipRock,

I've used the Rain-X washer fluid in the Pilot with no ill effects. It's hard to find here in Northern VA, but I prefer the Rain-X fluid.

I just need to remember to top it up before going to the dealer for service. They top up the washer reservoir with the cheap blue stuff.
This is why I love this site so much :D The things you end up finding out or learning, even beyond what you had asked about is just great. I thought the color of the washer fluid looked weird in the washer reservoir. Thought it had gone sour on me. Now, I know why!!:4: I just had my service, not too long ago. Thanks, jay! I'll have to remember to top it up from now on too.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Stoners Invisible Glass

Just a heads up for glass cleaning. Try "Stoners Invisible Glass"...it comes in a aerosol can. Get a microfiber towel to wipe it off. Both available at most auto parts stores under 10 bucks combined.
Stuff is amazing, easy & fast. I gave some to my dad for Fathers Day and he hasn't stopped talking about how great it is.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've started using the Stoners Invisible Glass, and it seems to provide the same water repellant properties that Rain-X does. I may quit applying the Rain-X, use Stoners exclusively, and see what happens after 6 months.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I didn't even realize the Stoners had "beading" properties as well as cleaning (probably should have just started a new thread recommending it).

·
Registered
483 Posts
Re: Stoners Invisible Glass

davemac said:
Just a heads up for glass cleaning. Try "Stoners Invisible Glass"...it comes in a aerosol can. Get a microfiber towel to wipe it off. Both available at most auto parts stores under 10 bucks combined.
Stuff is amazing, easy & fast. I gave some to my dad for Fathers Day and he hasn't stopped talking about how great it is.
Thanks for the info, I'm going to try it myself as I'm not too happy with results Windex has, I can not gid rid of the streaks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts