Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had a lot of heavy rain here lately and I have water holding in my liftgate. I heard it sloshing around when I would make a tight turn. When I lifted up the liftgate water started pouring from several locations, right into the rear cabin floor.. Has anyone had this problem? If so what did you do. Mine is a 2017 EX with 39000 miles on it so I guess it is out of warranty.. I am a little pissed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 17 Elite collected water in the bottom the liftgate window channel. Never got inside of vehicle or the liftgate. After each rain or car wash opened the liftgate & a bunch of water ran out. Did it from day one. Only kept it 14 months. It was my wife's & she wanted another Tahoe. Wondered how long it will be until rust show up???.
Good luck.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,957 Posts
You might ask the dealer if they can suggest a fix. Or maybe they will do a goodwill repair if you have been a loyal customer. Never hurts to ask.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well..I took my Pilot to the dealer for this problem and after they first said they could not find a problem on day one, the next day they said they found deteriorated seals on the taillamps of the liftgate and resealed them. I will let you know if this fixes the problem

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well..I took my Pilot to the dealer for this problem and after they first said they could not find a problem on day one, the next day they said they found deteriorated seals on the taillamps of the liftgate and resealed them. I will let you know if this fixes the problem
Oh yes,,and charged me $175

·
Registered
222 Posts
Did they give you a list of parts that they used? If not, they did some kind of silicone hack job. If they even did anything at all. People suck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts