Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the standard radio (w/ single CD player). Last week it went dead (including the clock). The fuse was ok. Two hours later I started up the pilot again and the radio was working again. Anyone else have this problem?

Yesterday I was driving over a rough street and made a left turn. During the turn the radio station switched stations to another pre-set station. Anyone else experience this?

Peter

Evergreen Pearl EX-L

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Sounds like loose wiring ...

PrG

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yes, I had to have my deck replaced. The deck would only work on occasion. The tape button would turn the thing off, etc. It was FAULTY! POS!!! Anyway, have Honda put in a new deck for you. BUT, make sure they do not hack up your dash in the process. Good luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had the same problem this morning. When I first started out the clock and radio were dead. I stopped for lunch and when I started up again all were working (but the time was wrong). If the radio lost power, shouldn't it stop working until you enter the code?

By the way, the auto up/down on my window has stopped working four times in the two months I have had my car.

·
Registered
152 Posts
BEX said:
I had the same problem this morning. When I first started out the clock and radio were dead. I stopped for lunch and when I started up again all were working (but the time was wrong). If the radio lost power, shouldn't it stop working until you enter the code?

By the way, the auto up/down on my window has stopped working four times in the two months I have had my car.
BEX, you have an electrical issue. The only reason the auto up/down feature would turn off is if you lost power to your accessories. I would take it in-

·
Registered
316 Posts
Two words describes all this.

MOTHMAN PROPHECIES...:(

·
Registered
395 Posts
2k3_nbp said:
Two words describes all this.

MOTHMAN PROPHECIES...:(
Oh, THANKS....I had just about gotten that movie out of my head till you posted that!
:mad:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was planning on taking it in next week to have the clicking problem fixed, so I will have them take a look at the electrical system while it is there.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Radio/Clock Temporarily Dead

Saw another recent occurrence in cruise control thread so I'll attempt to move it back over here.

Had one occurrence in 7 months of radio/clock not coming on with engine start. Engine shutdown and restart "solved" problem but clock lost the number of minutes it was "dead".

·
Registered
185 Posts
Make That Twice!

"Had one occurrence in 7 months of radio/clock not coming on with engine start. Engine shutdown and restart solved problem but clock lost the number of minutes it was dead."

Happened again today; Same problem, same solution.

·
Registered
2 Posts
High noise on Am station under power line

I live in Texas and we have a lot of Power lines above the Roads. With my new Pilot, whenever I go below one, listening to AM (radio), the sound changes to big noise "BBOOOOM". I have seen slight interruption on AM radio signal with my other car. But this one is very unusual. I can not now listen to any AM stations. Is there a fix to it? Anyone having the same problem

·
Registered
25 Posts
With my radio, I always turn it off before I turn off the car. Sometimes when I start the car and then hit the "FM" button, the AM comes on as if I hit the AM button. At first I thought maybe I just wasn't paying attention and hit the AM button accidentally, but it has re-occurred once or twice a week since I got the car in December. Once, I even intentionally hit the AM button, and the FM came on. Wierd...

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
BUMPING THIS- it just happened to me

Okay, I love my Pilot. But this head unit thing is making me crazy. I've consistently lost 10 minutes on the clock, and blamed it on myself. My husband noticed the radio was dead once, and turned off the engine, completely removed the key and restarted. VOILA -magically working again. I thought those days were over until I hopped in on the 4th to go shopping and absolute silence, A complete lack of power to the stereo. I pushed all the buttons, tried to eject the CD, etc. Nothing. Took out my key, re-started, NOTHING. so I drove her to the dealership, hoping to make an appt. Finding that they were closed on the 4th (duh) I jumped back into my Pilot and it's working again. WHAT THE HECK?! So I'm taking her in for the 6 mo. service and will ask them to check out my electrical system...hopefully replace it without tearing up my dash.

Anyone else recently deal with this?
I'll report back after I have her looked at.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Three Times Now

Three times in one year, now. I asked my Service Department at my last oil change [1 year/14K] if this was a problem other owners had reported and it was not. I, too, don't want them tearing the dash apart and you can bet it won't replicate at the Dealer so I'm just going to monitor for now. So far it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Pilot appt. tomorrow

My Pilot has an appointment tomorrow morning, so we'll see what they find (if anything)
I expressed my concern about the problem not replicating itself at the dealership, but they said that it shouldn't matter if there is a loose connection, they'll be able to tell. Maybe they'll run diagnostics on the cpu?

We'll see.
I'll report back here tomorrow night (7-09) after the appt.

I know there are more of you out there with this problem, you are not imagining it.

Another thing I meant to add, my clock lost 30 minutes after the episode, same thing that happened to it the last times this happened.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Re: Pilot appt. tomorrow

74PILOTMOM said:
I know there are more of you out there with this problem, you are not imagining it.
Ya know, I thought I hit the AM button when FM came up... I just chalked it up to brain fade

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Just got back

Okay, well taking her in was a waste of time.
They found no problems with the unit. I knew it. They went in behind the unit and check all the connections and told me to watch it, and bring her back in if it happens again. I don't really think that's good service. There IS a problem, and they should find it, while she's under warranty. Making people deal with problems isn't a solution. God knows it won't replicate itself at the dealer, and I'm sure next time it'll be the same song and dance.
Thanks guys for nothing! At least I'm on record as having the problem.

I also brought up the starting issue that I had once, and the guy said that if I move my car (like changing positions in the driveway) and turn her off, this may happen due to flooding. He said to push the gas pedal all the way to the floor before I start it next time, and it shouldn't happen again. Somehow this prevents flooding. ? I didn't understand that, but this is what I was told today.

Is this a whole new line of BS? I haven't hear this one before. Or maybe it makes sense? I'm no mechanic.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Re: Just got back

74PILOTMOM said:
...He said to push the gas pedal all the way to the floor before I start it next time, and it shouldn't happen again. Somehow this prevents flooding. ? I didn't understand that, but this is what I was told today.

Is this a whole new line of BS? I haven't hear this one before. Or maybe it makes sense? I'm no mechanic.
Flooring the pedal is the old fix for a flooded carborated car, it does nothing that I know of for a car with electronic fuel injection.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Thanks Tim.S

Someone needs to tell Randy at the service department that cars are using fuel injected engines now days. Thanks for the 20+ year old info, Honda service Rep. My Service scores will reflect the line of BS I was fed, in addition to the fact that they didn't fix my radio problem.
He was a nice guy though. Sometimes I hate being assertive, but hate more that I have to be, because someone is not doing their job.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts