Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Honda Pilot

Radio started to stay on after key was removed and doors opened. This is the same problem as described in a different post. The guy said it was solved by replacing a multiplexer module that somehow allows the radio to stay powered even after key removal.

More details form that post: The problem starts out with the radio staying on for just a second or so after you remove the key and works it's way up to about 15 or so seconds. at this time it seems to clear itself and after a while it starts the cycle all over again.

My question: Does anyone know what module he is referring to and if it is easy to replace. I'm trying to avoid the $90 fee they charge to look at the vehicle as it is no longer under warranty. Thanks.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
bmoser said:
2003 Honda Pilot

Radio started to stay on after key was removed and doors opened. This is the same problem as described in a different post. The guy said it was solved by replacing a multiplexer module that somehow allows the radio to stay powered even after key removal.

Do you have ANYTHING plugged into the power outlets?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I recently plugged in a power inverter in the console but it is turned off. I also have a DVD plugged into the rear one but it is also off.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
bmoser said:
Yes, I recently plugged in a power inverter in the console but it is turned off. I also have a DVD plugged into the rear one but it is also off.
Off might not be enough.

Try unplugging.

The pilot's electrical system is sensitive to electronics plugged in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unplugged the power inverter and that did the trick. Strange, I had a phone charger plugged into that outlet for 5 months and it never did this. Anyways, thank you very much, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did find the radio is the parasitic draw problem. I also found a penny down in the aux power port in console, heaven knows how it got there. Still have draw and now the woofer in cargo area is not working.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts