Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Pilot had the radio electrical harness replaced about a year ago. Things were much better, no crackling noises, no loss of display of speedometer, no system unavailable on radio. About a month ago the radio just would stop playing. Noticed this when reversing and going into drive after camera shut off. Now it happens whenever. I typically listen to XM, so it is not Apple CarPlay music. The Apple phone is updated, as is the car software. Is this an apple play or car problem? I miss my Lexus RX.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Have you checked your battery conections to see if they are tight. Sounds like a glitch. Is the problem random or permanent now?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is not permanently off but happens randomly. The phone doesn’t have to be tethered to the CarPlay for it to occur. Not having any other electronic issues other than the radio.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
It is not permanently off but happens randomly. Not having any other electronic issues other than the radio.
Yes, this is possibly a loose battery terminal symptom or even a failing battery issue. It's worth a look. Sometimes the battery box lid prevents the terminal from going down far enough to be securely tightened. Some are using battery post shims.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
If my understanding is correct, blank display is caused by software triggered by Apple. Crackling is caused by wiring. There is a TSB 20-058 about updated connector. Random Electrical Snapping/Cracking Sound - Elite

Like Nail Grease said, check battery first. May be a quick fix.
The harness has already been replaced. Hopefully it's just a power anomaly. If not, ya, I'd be back at the dealership again for them to fix their stuff.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Disconnect your phone; make sure the phone is not connected via USB or Bluetooth. If the symptoms still occur, you‘ll know it’s not the phone. If the symptoms go away with the phone disconnected, use another phone. Preferably not another same model iPhone with the same version of IOS. There have been reports of CarPlay problems after the IOS14 update but it sounds like the symptoms occur outside of using CarPlay.
You can also try performing a hard reboot of the Infotainment system by pulling the A29 fuse in the under hood fuse box fuse per page 5, step 6 in the TSB below.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts