Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 honda pilot ex radio problems. It started about a month ago. The radio will turn all the way down when we make a left or right hand turn including making autumn. It also happens when we push the brake in at a red light or so sign. Happens the most when we turn the headlights on at night. I have replaced the battery thinking that was the problem. It wasn't. I have also reset the radio with the code. It would sometimes work but than few minutes later turns back down. Sometimes it won't allow us to even turn the radio off let alone try turning it up. We have had to turn the car off and back on. It used to work sometimes. But now it is just being a pain in my arse. Bumps do it to. Like potholes

·
Registered
107 Posts
2011 honda pilot ex radio problems. It started about a month ago. The radio will turn all the way down when we make a left or right hand turn including making autumn. It also happens when we push the brake in at a red light or so sign. Happens the most when we turn the headlights on at night. I have replaced the battery thinking that was the problem. It wasn't. I have also reset the radio with the code. It would sometimes work but than few minutes later turns back down. Sometimes it won't allow us to even turn the radio off let alone try turning it up. We have had to turn the car off and back on. It used to work sometimes. But now it is just being a pain in my arse. Bumps do it to. Like potholes
I ran into similar issues with my factory radio. Especially I couldnt turn off the radio when vehicle is on. Satellite radio sometimes wouldnt switch to its source either.
Ultimately, I replaced it with a double din JVC radio.

I opened up the factory radio and definitely something burnt inside. As soon as I removed the cover you can smell that electrical burn smell.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Along the same train of thought as big shrek... clockspring.

Make sure you disconnect battery and leave the car for a couple of hours to fully drain down any capacitors before messing with the airbag.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts