Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 pilot ex-l touring

I've been having an intermittent issue with the radio, where I am unable to control it with the console buttons. Sometimes, the LCD display will be messed up/shows garbage characters. Example: start car, and if radio was off, I cannot turn it on. If radio was on, I can't turn it off, or change volume, stations, etc.

I've had it in to the dealer multiple times, and they cannot find anything wrong, or duplicate the issue. Troubleshooting on my own, I found that I can control the radio with the steering wheel buttons and voice control. I think I've narrowed it down to possibly being sun/heat related. I seem to be able to predict when it is going to act up based on this. Once the interior cools down, it works as expected.

In addition to this, wife tells me there have been intermittent a/c issues with it not working (I did see the forum sticky, I'm going to investigate the relay). Presently, the a/c has stopped working and hasn't come back. I can hear the fan in the back seat, but no air comes out of the front vents. The air from the back vents is not cold.

So my questions are:

1) what could be going on with the radio?
2) Is there any possible connection between the a/c relay with the radio problem?

Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I have the same issue with my radio. (2010 EX-L)

It's been going on for over a year.

It happens occasionally, and also seems to be more so in the hot weather.
The screen is not garbled, but the buttons on the radio don't work properly.
Preset #6 becomes the power button!!

However, the steering wheel controls ALLWAYS work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the exact same problem occur to me two days ago. 2011 EX-L. In my case I would swear it was heat related as the car was sitting in hot sun. Controlled radio with voice commands. When the car cooled, it went back to normal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts