Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Honda Pilot. Recently a rock hit the windshield in the middle at the top where the rear view mirror is. Ever since then the radio starts off good when the car is started then fades to static and then nothing. It does this with FM/AM and Bluetooth. If the windshield is changed would this fix the problem or is there something else wrong with the radio?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 Honda Pilot. Recently a rock hit the windshield in the middle at the top where the rear view mirror is. Ever since then the radio starts off good when the car is started then fades to static and then nothing. It does this with FM/AM and Bluetooth. If the windshield is changed would this fix the problem or is there something else wrong with the radio?
Hello Boodro, My 2016 Touring is also experiencing the static intermittently. It does it on radio, Bluetooth and IPod settings. Once it starts, I turn off the radio for about 30 minutes and it temporarily fixes the problem. I have not experienced a rock to the windshield. Long story short, I took the Pilot to the dealership and they ran diagnostics. They determined that I needed to replace the radio @ $3k. I am thinking of replacing the radio with a aftermarket replacement that will cost one third of the quoted OEM replacement. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts