Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of the time when auto-stop goes to restart the motor, the audio system cuts out for a seconds. It seems to be only the amp shutting down for a second as it doesn't matter what source you are using (FM, XM, Bluetooth, iPod). This was happening in my 2016 Touring FWD (started after about 15k miles) and now it's happening in my brand new 2017 Elite AWD.

Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Administrator
15,412 Posts
Can't immediately recall anything. Demonstrate to a dealer and your warranty will come in useful.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Simple fix. Turn the Auto Idle Stop to off. Button on the transmission selector panel. One useless feature I wish Honda never installed on the Pilot, just more wear and tear on the starter and battery.

Reactions: Aviator6

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no problem with auto-stop and would like my vehicle to work properly with it. I've already had my 2016 to the dealership 2 times for it. They have no clue with the issue is. I was hoping someone here might have solved it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I did not have that issue for about the first year I had the vehicle then it started happening. I suspect a software update caused it. It sort of makes sense since most electrical functions cut out when you first start your car. A bit annoying, but I've learned to live with it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My 2016 Elite just started doing the dropout thing about 2 months ago after 2 years of no such glitch. The power to the rearview mirror is also cut off briefly on auto-stop, and the Valentine radar detector folks sell a little gadget (a capacitor in a nice housing) that you can add to the circuit to maintain the mirror voltage up (which powers the radar detector) over that brief moment when the vehicle shuts it off. It seems like they could do something similar to the audio amp or whatever is glitching off. I like auto-stop (I feel so smug sitting at a stoplight for 30 seconds using no gas), but wonder why this glitch has just shown up now. I don't think my Pilot has had any recent updates.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I would suspect the battery has lost some of its reserve capacity. Voltage level may be dropping below what some accessories require during the restart cycle. The OEM battery is not known for have a long service life. Weak OEM battery is also known for intermittent engine CEL's. Have the battery checked by the dealer.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They have checked the battery and say its fine. Also have checked the starter, flashed radio with latest firmware, etc. They are scratching their heads. I was just reaching out to see if anyone else has got this issue fixed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They have checked the battery and say its fine. Also have checked the starter, flashed radio with latest firmware, etc. They are scratching their heads. I was just reaching out to see if anyone else has got this issue fixed.
Hey Robert, what was the outcome? My 2017 Pilot Touring is showing similar symptoms and just recently failed to start at a traffic light.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts