Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my battery today. As the electrical system reset, it asked me for a code to access the radio. I can't find a discussion about a radio code in the owner's manual.
Can any of you help?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
My 2013 Touring resets itself after a battery reconnect. The instruction is described in the Owner's Manual. Involves the power button and engine start. I'm not at the manual or I'd find it for you.

·
Registered
750 Posts
On 2012-2015, as long as your car has its original audio unit, no code needed. Just hold the power button for a few seconds.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,185 Posts
I recently disconnected the Neg. battery terminal on my 08 Pilot to clear a CEL light/code.

I kept the reset #'s on the card in the clear plastic bag that I keep the original owners manual in. 55562?

Anyways, I think there is a work around, like others posted as well.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
On 2012-2015, as long as your car has its original audio unit, no code needed. Just hold the power button for a few seconds.
on the 2015 thats not correct you get a code prompt

Reactions: Alc50 and The Todd

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I got a code prompt on restart, and that triggered the in-car search for the code. None found in the easy-to-access expected places. As a last resort, I decided to RFTM, and found the key-plus-power button sequence that caused the head unit to grab its code from the PCM. This works so long as you have the original radio and PCM installed.

Reactions: briantii

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm pretty sure the code is posted on the underside of the fuse panel lid in the passenger side of the engine bay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts