Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 Pilot w/nav....radio and clock stopped working today. Socket works, anti-theft on radio NOT flashing. Check ALL fuses. Everything is fine. I was listening to a cd in accessory power and charging my phone. Turned the car on, and the radio power was gone. What's the problem? Any hints?

Thanks for your time

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts
Check fuses with a multimeter, not just by eyeballing them. Or at least switch out fuses with known good one of the same amperage.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,304 Posts
Radios do get old and quit working on occasions and yours is 17 years old. The radio in my 2001 3/4 ton PU finally gave up the ghost. Pulled it and put in a new aftermarket radio and all is once again good.

You may need to just track one down at a salvage yard and replace it. Working radios that salvage yard in my area always pull and test. They are ready to be picked up and installed.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,846 Posts
If your radio is aftermarket some of them have inline fuses on the power wire. But based on what you wrote it sounds like you have an original radio.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its stock. Weird thing happened. I went into the store, still no radio,came out, started the car - radio blaring! WTH? Is something loose? Where should I look?

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Intermittent can often mean loose, corroded or frayed wiring. Has any recent work been done? Are there any rodents in your area?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Intermittent can often mean loose, corroded or frayed wiring. Has any recent work been done? Are there any rodents in your area?

I'm sure there are plenty of rodents scurrying around in the night. It's been fine ever since. Out of curiosity, could having my phone plugged in an charging each time have anything to do with it? The first time it went out, my phone was plugged in, Ignition was in ACC when I started it. When it came back on, I had put the car in ACC to roll down the windows, plugged in my phone, then cranked it to turn the car on, and the radio came on.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
I'm sure there are plenty of rodents scurrying around in the night. It's been fine ever since. Out of curiosity, could having my phone plugged in an charging each time have anything to do with it? The first time it went out, my phone was plugged in, Ignition was in ACC when I started it. When it came back on, I had put the car in ACC to roll down the windows, plugged in my phone, then cranked it to turn the car on, and the radio came on.
You might have rodents and gremlins. :)

Try plugging in your phone last, after starting the engine. Might also want to check your battery and even alternator with a multimeter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts