Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, 2009 Touring model again...
the passenger's side radiator fan popped off and forwards, .
striking the radiator and putting a small hole in it.
So...how hard are these to remove?

Recently had to replace same on my 2006 Pontiac van courtesy of a small squirrel,
so I'm hoping it's about equal in difficulty or easier

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
ok, 2009 Touring model again...
the passenger's side radiator fan popped off and forwards, .
striking the radiator and putting a small hole in it.
So...how hard are these to remove?

Recently had to replace same on my 2006 Pontiac van courtesy of a small squirrel,
so I'm hoping it's about equal in difficulty or easier
Not too bad of a job but there will be some disassembly. The weather is good so inspect/replace hoses, coolant, thermostat etc. If the ATF cooler lines enter the bottom of the radiator check for rusty metal lines.

·
Registered
129 Posts
you're lucky it failed that way rather than with a strawberry milkshake

You have to pull off the whole bumper, which is fairly easy once all the clips and a few screws are removed. There's a number of little M6-1 bolts holding on the fans and the steel portion of the trans cooler lines, these usually rust out badly and are impossible to remove. I was able to lift out the whole radiator assembly out once I disconnected all the electrical, water and ATF lines, and deal with the rusty bolts on the bench. Overall not a bad job, typical for radiator on modern vehicle, but with a little weird ATF line configuration. Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From the look of things, I might be able to get away with simply pulling the fans off
and doing a little upside-down brazing on the pinhole leak. Then re-installing new fans.
Unplugged the passenger side, but the driver's side is making a lot more noise than
I'd like to hear out of it...sounds like it's going to go soon as well, so both fans are
definitely going to get replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts