Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Thanks, messed around with some stuff by the drivers kick plate but nothing. Where else can I look?
But I did find this article from Amave17, I’ll check this out, too.
I've only ever had to replace blend door actuators for this problem. If you have cold air blowing through another vent, I would think this might be the issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks but every vent in the front dash blows out the blows out the same temp But I’ll look at it again with more time. But from what I’ve read thus far, it just maybe the expansion valve.
dives me nuts that my wife took the truck to jiffy lube for an oil change and she asked them to look at the ac system. Not sure what they did but all the Freon was gone when I was going to recover the refrigerant. Now I went from a compressor that didn’t turn on, to something else. On top of that she paid $50 and they told her she had a big leak. I had checked the level weeks
ago when it was cool and then again when she wanted me took look deeper into it when it got hotter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Update: Lesson Learned, I should have done a head test before I did all this work. The truck worked for a day, then my wife told me that water was coming out of the plastic tank in the engine bay. She still drove it and broke down an hour from home. So her Pilot officially is dead, after all the time and money I spent. So I had to buy her another Pilot, a 2013 exl, which isn't black like she wanted but now she loves gray. I found it in Philly and towed it to Silver Spring.

Although my tahoe with options is rated for 8200lbs of towing, it was kind of scary towing about 6500. The most I've ever towed before. Might get some helper springs.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Update: Lesson Learned, I should have done a head test before I did all this work. The truck worked for a day, then my wife told me that water was coming out of the plastic tank in the engine bay. She still drove it and broke down an hour from home. So her Pilot officially is dead, after all the time and money I spent. So I had to buy her another Pilot, a 2013 exl, which isn't black like she wanted but now she loves gray. I found it in Philly and towed it to Silver Spring.
View attachment 137511 View attachment 137512
Although my tahoe with options is rated for 8200lbs of towing, it was kind of scary towing about 6500. The most I've ever towed before. Might get some helper springs. View attachment 137513
Sorry about your wife's Pilot. The 13 EX-L looks nice.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just because you can pull a car all the way forward on the trailer doesn't mean you have to. It's a balancing act to find the best spot in the trailer to have enough tongue weight, but not to much. By looking at your pic, it appears you could have moved the pilot back 12-18 inches, relieving some tongue weight and having a much better towing experience.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts