Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there is a known problem with the internal trans lines failing in radiator, should I buy an aftermarket radiator with a good reputation (which one is that) or buy a OEM Honda radiator assuming the design has been updated. I have an 07 with 160k miles.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
That was only for the 05 series so interesting to know where you got your information ..didn't know they pushed this to the 07 series ..

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Since there is a known problem with the internal trans lines failing in radiator, should I buy an aftermarket radiator with a good reputation (which one is that) or buy a OEM Honda radiator assuming the design has been updated. I have an 07 with 160k miles.
Preferred aftermarket brand is Denso.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,535 Posts

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,254 Posts
I’m pretty sure Denso is Honda’s OEM radiator brand. I used Denso when replacing my 2005 Pilot’s radiator. The part number was different compared to the original.

Reactions: vwvannut

·
Registered
10,535 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Denso or TYC from RA.

·
Registered
10,535 Posts
Denso or TYC from RA.
I seem to recall a discussion about the troublesome fitting pictured in both below, and about which was better to avoid the pink milkshake of death based on the materials used in that fitting, but I can't recall the conclusion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That was only for the 05 series so interesting to know where you got your information ..didn't know they pushed this to the 07 series ..
I assumed all first gens. Do you have any data suggesting the problem was resolved?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I assumed all first gens. Do you have any data suggesting the problem was resolved?
Got two 06 series both have original rads both have over 250k so I assumed the rad as redesigned since other than maintenance no leaks or issues

·
Registered
107 Posts
Do you guys/gals like the Spectra radiator? I was looking at the Denso on Amazon and noticed several reviews of being shipping a bad/leaky radiator. But these are from 2019 so maybe it was a bad batch?

I know people recommend Rockauto but I struggle with their circa 1999 web site! :)

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,254 Posts

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Do you guys/gals like the Spectra radiator? I was looking at the Denso on Amazon and noticed several reviews of being shipping a bad/leaky radiator. But these are from 2019 so maybe it was a bad batch?

I know people recommend Rockauto but I struggle with their circa 1999 web site! :)
I went with a Denso radiator from Amazon. Amazon allowed shipment in the original thin cardboard box with a few foam blocks. First shipment was wrong model# with bent metal trans lines. Second shipment shipped similarly was the right one. Swapped for the best metal trans lines before shipping the wrong one back. Amazon shipped quickly but I heard RockAuto double boxes....ymmv

·
Registered
10,535 Posts
Got my Denso from Rockauto. It arrived well packaged and undamaged, even through the last mile was via dogsled up here.

Here, I’ll save you the trouble of drilling down on the RA website :):

RockAuto

And of course here's the Easter egg 5% discount. :)

5% Discount Code: 6E3EAFAFB9DB15
Expires: August 12, 2021

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive the discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. All orders are placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts