Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there is a known problem with the internal trans lines failing in radiator, should I buy an aftermarket radiator with a good reputation (which one is that) or buy a OEM Honda radiator assuming the design has been updated. I have an 07 with 160k miles.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
That was only for the 05 series so interesting to know where you got your information ..didn't know they pushed this to the 07 series ..

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
Since there is a known problem with the internal trans lines failing in radiator, should I buy an aftermarket radiator with a good reputation (which one is that) or buy a OEM Honda radiator assuming the design has been updated. I have an 07 with 160k miles.
Preferred aftermarket brand is Denso.

·
Registered
5,645 Posts

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,968 Posts
I’m pretty sure Denso is Honda’s OEM radiator brand. I used Denso when replacing my 2005 Pilot’s radiator. The part number was different compared to the original.

Reactions: vwvannut

·
Registered
5,645 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Denso or TYC from RA.

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Denso or TYC from RA.
I seem to recall a discussion about the troublesome fitting pictured in both below, and about which was better to avoid the pink milkshake of death based on the materials used in that fitting, but I can't recall the conclusion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That was only for the 05 series so interesting to know where you got your information ..didn't know they pushed this to the 07 series ..
I assumed all first gens. Do you have any data suggesting the problem was resolved?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I assumed all first gens. Do you have any data suggesting the problem was resolved?
Got two 06 series both have original rads both have over 250k so I assumed the rad as redesigned since other than maintenance no leaks or issues

1 - 15 of 15 Posts