Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my rack and Pinion replaced and my front struts in 2093 pilot.
got the pilot-back it seems to be really loosey-goosey on the steering wheel and I’ve taken it back to the mechanic and he says I should have an alighnment 1st because he didn’t do an alignment took it to the alignment guy he said he can’t do alignment because it’s so far out he says it may be the camfer
It feels like the pilot is just not safe to drive due to it moving around a lot at higher speeds and especially over bumps

·
Registered
114 Posts
Did your mechanic replace the tie rods and/or control arms or bushings? My pilot has a tighter steering after I replaced those parts this weekend

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I just had my rack and Pinion replaced and my front struts in 2093 pilot.
got the pilot-back it seems to be really loosey-goosey on the steering wheel and I’ve taken it back to the mechanic and he says I should have an alighnment 1st because he didn’t do an alignment took it to the alignment guy he said he can’t do alignment because it’s so far out he says it may be the camfer
It feels like the pilot is just not safe to drive due to it moving around a lot at higher speeds and especially over bumps
That does not sound safe to drive the Pilot. Take it back to the mechanic to confirm proper installation of the struts+TR. Be sure to mention what the alignment tech stated about the excessive camber. With the age and mileage of your vehicle I would have replaced the inner+outer TR which are removed during rack replacement. And as mentioned by @crokett question/inspect the LCA bushings.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That does not sound safe to drive the Pilot. Take it back to the mechanic to confirm proper installation of the struts+TR. Be sure to mention what the alignment tech stated about the excessive camber. With the age and mileage of your vehicle I would have replaced the inner+outer TR which are removed during rack replacement. And as mentioned by @crokett question/inspect the LCA bushings.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks
Will do that
thank you
Will do all of the above

1 - 5 of 5 Posts