Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious about your experiences with the Navigation System. Are you finding that most of your destinations are in there? I'm wondering if coverage in different parts of the country varies much, and do you find "gaps" in long distance trips? Are you happy with it, and do the voice commands warn you in plenty of time? I took a short test drive in an Odyssey with NAVI and was impressed with the coverage in my area.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The Pilot's Alpine Navi System has great coverage in Las Vegas for areas built prior to September 2001. The data is almost a year old (new CDs are published in Sept/Oct at a cost of $150) and with the housing boom here you can tell. The best way to determine the coverage in your area is to check the Alpine site:

http://www.alpine1.com/html/navi_software.htm

·
Registered
262 Posts
Here in Mass -- it's FANTASTIC.
At the maximum zoom -- you can actually see your truck
going around the curve on a highway clover leaf. And when
you finally merge into traffic -- you can see that too on your
Navi screen, exactly! I am really impressed with the accuracy of
this thing.

·
Registered
900 Posts
NAV Map Coverage

The map coverage is highly dependent on the area.
As discussed in this other thread:
http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=162

For example, the only city in Kentucky that is covered more than the main highways is Louisville. Other GPS systems (Garmin Street Pilot for one) have excellent coverage.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks kruzo!

kruzo said:
Here in Mass -- it's FANTASTIC.
At the maximum zoom -- you can actually see your truck
going around the curve on a highway clover leaf. And when
you finally merge into traffic -- you can see that too on your
Navi screen, exactly! I am really impressed with the accuracy of
this thing.
I had no idea it was that detailed. That's amazing that it picks up the other traffic! :eek: I am really looking forward to putting it to use on some road trips. :4:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input!

I have checked the Alpine website, and my city isn't even listed, but I found the coverage to be excellent here. It does seem to have some very thin coverage in some states, though.

I did enjoy reading about all the personal experiences in the other thread. Thanks again! Keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I live in San Diego, CA, and the coverage in Southern California is excellent. I love the NAVI, but have one question. Occassionaly, the background of the NAVI's map will go black for 5-10 seconds, then return to normal.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts