Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Very nice. Thanks for this information PrG. This should help many of us when we go for a sunroof.

Why is it guys just love to have silicon and duct tape somehow involved?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've got more than enough headroom in the Pilot to have a sunroof.....but I can't get passed the fact that it won't come from the factory and I would have to put my faith and trust in a "private party" to do it.

Does anyone have enough experience in getting these done or know of someone who has "second-hand" sunroofs? Are they really as good as getting it straight from the factory? And do they come with some kind of warranty?

Because the last thing I want them to do is waste an otherwise perfect $30K vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Webasto Sunroof on my Pilot (the one featured in the link at the beginning of this thread), and have had no problems. They have dealers around the country. My Honda dealer uses them for all sunroofs that customers ask for (although it's a lot cheaper to deal direct <g>).

cheers,
Ray

·
Registered
61 Posts
I also have the Webasto Sunroof

on my Pilot and it works great. Your right about the headroom. It does reduce it slightly but nothing you will notice with all the headroom you have with the Pilot. The problems I had were not with the sunroof but with things that were not in the same shape that the shop received it (scratches in trim, Homelink connector mis-plugged). They have since been resolved to my satisfaction. No doubt, it is not for the faint of heart. But the roof is a great addition to a great vehicle.

raycunn: I am curious about the exact model you put in. I put in the 744 model. I am also curious about your warranty. The sunroof dealer told me 3 yrs/36k on labor, 6yr/60k on parts. When I look at the Webasto manual, though, it says lifetime warranty on both (I think). Just curious.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts