Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Big, huge question. 2006 4WD with 220K miles. Changed out lower control arms as wouldn't pass inspection. In trying to take the passenger side off, in addition to the two bolts holding it to the frame, I unbolted the two 22mm bolts that hold the hub and the strut together; this gave me some play and I got the LCA off and back on. I did notice a bit of pulling out on the driveshaft, but was able to push it back in securely (sort of felt it snap or po back in). With the passenger side up on a jack, new rotor/pads, etc. all re-assembled, the wheel spins freely. When I did the driver's side, it didn’t. When I say it spins, the rotor, wheel & driveshaft spins all the way from the hub to the intermediate one. Did I maybe I pull it out of the intermediate driveshaft? Everything is back in place physically where its supposed to be so even if the driveshaft had popped out, based on everything lining up again, wouldn’t it have just popped back in? But then it probably shouldn't be turning freely in Park :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind. Realized I pulled the driveshaft out of the inbound joint. now I get to take the entire axle off. It never ends!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts