Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to install a double din radio and have the metra harness above. I'm going over the wiring using metras wiring diagram and also the factory service manual. I'm double checking the wiring and notice metra isnt matching what the factory service manual reflects as what they are.

Am I going nuts here? Is the metra harness wrong? It's definitely for a honda since it matches up with my accord sport wiring diagram which shouldnt matter since both harnesses are the same...for 2008+ honda.
I wired it up already with the aftermarket radio harness. I dont want to take the chance and connect it just yet.

I have a 2010 pilot ex-l non navi, and no res.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Not sure what you mean by that, but yes, that harness model is missing a few pins that one may find useful. One way to handle this is to buy two of these harnesses, and move over a few pins.
If you describe your problem in detail - i.e. which wires specifically you find mismatched - I can give you some pointers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am missing pin 5 and 16. I am going to pull the wires from the harness and splice them with the corresponding wires on my wiring harness

·
Registered
675 Posts
Yes indeed, pins 5 and 16 are for steering wheel controls wires, and are missing from that harness. One option is to buy an extra harness and move the pins over. Another option is use harness as it and T-tap into wires 5 and 16 behind the factory connector.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts