Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...sway, anti-roll, stabilizer bar. My pilot produces this body flex sound when traversing sideways on an inclined pavement. I took it to the dealer already and they found nothing, they said it's a car platform suv and does not have a ladder frame so expect some slight metal scrunches. Will an aftermarket stabilizer bar or any of those things out there help get rid of my pilots body flexes? is there such thing? has anybody put any of these on theirs?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yes an anti-sway bar might help..but...did you see the frame on this beast? It may not be a standard truck frame but it is one heck of a beast of a frame. It is based on the Ody but it is not as thin as the Ody. I think I would research a) my driving - it is a truck not a sports car b) How the road is sloped and how hard we are taking the turns c) Where the noises are coming from. There can be noises if you are pushing the vehicle but they can also be you own items in the pockets, you leaning on the doors, etc. Once you are sure of what the issue is I'd go back to the dealer armed with your infomation or be on-line finding your set of anti-sway bars.

Good luck and let us know!

·
Registered
95 Posts
IMO, a sway bar would decrease the amount the body leans, but does nothing for stiffening the chassis. A sway bar links the left side suspension to the right side via the uni-body, frame, or whatever the under carriage is comprised of. If there is body flexing happening now, adding a sway bar could make it worse, although it could keep the vehicle more parallel to the ground, especially in turns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts