Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2019 Limited and have a question on the backup camera/sensors

It looks like the backup sensors can only alert me to cross traffic. If backing up from my drive way and a car close by and coming down the street, I will hear a beep and the backup display screen will have an orange arrow that shows if the traffic is to my left or right.

But If there were something like a bike or trash can behind me when backing up, I do not hear any type or warning. My 2016 ford not only will beep if there is something behind me, it will beep faster as I get closer to it.

My wife was backing up from a parking spot and there was a car not moving and directly behind her that was waiting for another car to pull out of a spot. There was not type of warning sound or anything to alert her that she almost backed into this car.
Is there some type of setting that I need to enable to alert for this, or is this simply not an option on this car?
Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
734 Posts
My 2019 Touring (Not sure what a Limited Pilot model is) has both the cross traffic alert with the beep and the flashing arrows. It also beeps and flashes orange bars for anything directly behind as I am backing up. You can go into settings on the main menu and see what the Camera settings are.

You can also make sure the parking assist switch on the lower dash board by your left knee or leg is turned on. If it isn't there will be no beep sound. It should have a light turned on in the switch if it is turned on.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Sometimes it is the simple things! ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts