Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone actually got a DVD remote holder behind their seats? I just got the DVD remote leather case and that is it.

See attached pix from the manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
919 Posts
Ditto, just the leather case with velcro closure. It was just tucked into the net next to one of the headphone sets. I guess it could just be a last minute design change, or possibly they are just using the instructions from the Odyssey (not sure how the Ody remote is stored). I must say that having it stored behind the net is probably better for me anyway. If it were hanging out, my kids would probably have it ripped away in less than a week.

Chris

·
Registered
168 Posts
The holder shown is the one used in Odysseys. I think Honda figured out that as soon as the parents seen the remote, they take it and throw it in the glove box! Maybe they figured the "leather" case would fit better. :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Another RES question

Can someone tell me the procedure to put in a DVD and start it from the front console but have nothing playing in any of the speakers front or back (Kids watching with headphones and quiet in the car otherwise)? I always seem to get the radio or CD playing up front and can't turn it off without shutting off the DVD in back.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to admit this is one of the most complicated sound system I had. This is the trick, on the display panel the left is the front system and the right is the rear. Use the front/rear selector button - most of it is covered in the manual.

Good Luck! :3:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Vegasdude
I thoroughly agree. System is quite confusing, especially when the kids start screaming cuz the movie isn't coming on the dvd screen. Despite my (DNA- caused) reluctance to refer to the manual, I think I finally have it figured out.
By the way, I only received the leather case for the remote, and agree that the kids would have only tore the "holster" off... or filled it with M&M's.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If I am correct, your asking how to get the sound through the speaker system? Hit DVD/AUX after inserting the DVD, that will put sound through the speaker system AND the headphones. If you don't have any picture, hit the "rear power" button. That will turn on/off the rear system. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
113 Posts
dsmith : For complete silence, with DVD playing and Kids listening thru head phone, press & hold the rear power on/off till you see a "speaker with a cross (X)" symbol on the right side of the panel. Hope this helps.

KE

·
Registered
919 Posts
Kepilot has it exactly right. Just look for the "no speaker" symbol. Of course the other option for total silence is to leave the kids at home...

Chris

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think Windy City Mike is right on this one folks. The only way I've found to turn off all sound from the speakers when the DVD is playing is to turn the volume knob all the way down. The other suggestion didn't work for me.

Related topic: They should have a mute button.

·
Registered
65 Posts
dsmith~

When I insert a DVD, it automatically plays only on the headphones, unless I have already hit the DVD button...then the sound plays in the car speakers as well, until I hit either AM/FM, CD or tape.

If the indicator light is to the left (which it defaults to), you should be able to just hit the radio and the DVD sound will default to just the headphones.

Oh, and the little speaker is "X" out on the right side display too.

It's a challenge to figure out, that's for sure!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Tasha said:
dsmith~

If the indicator light is to the left (which it defaults to), you should be able to just hit the radio and the DVD sound will default to just the headphones.

Oh, and the little speaker is "X" out on the right side display too.

If I hit the radio as you suggest then the radio plays in the front and the back speakers are muted - headphones work. How do I play nothing from the front speakers? I want to mute all speakers while the DVD is playing. The only way I found was to turn down the volume. In all of my testing the front had to be on in order for the movie to play on the rear screen. Are you saying the rear DVD can play while the front is off?

·
Registered
65 Posts
OK - I get your question now. I'll try it tonight & see if I can figure it out.

You just want the front off so you can listen to all of the annoying nuances of a 1st year vehicle :D, I mean, er, so you can ride in silence.

I'll report back. Anyone else know? I guess I've always just turned the volume down to zero.

·
Registered
65 Posts
dsmith~

I couldn't get the front speakers to shut off while the DVD player continued to play. I too could only accomplish front seat silence by turning the volume down to nil. That's acceptable to me. Sorry I couldn't help you!

·
Registered
408 Posts
DVD MUTE

your're right the only way I know is turning the volume down the other option that shows the cross speaker is when you use other radio features like FM or TAPE. I'm at the office I wiil check tonight I let you know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
vegasdude said:
Did anyone actually got a DVD remote holder behind their seats? I just got the DVD remote leather case and that is it.

See attached pix from the manual.
I got the plastic holder as shown in picture. Delivery date 08/26 - 7 miles on odometer

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
NO Way Neonlight! Can you take a picture and post! Wanna take a pick and see if I should get jealous.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts