Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Get everything if it's in the budget. But if I had to choose, I would get the liner. Protects more of the cargo area especially if you do a lot of home improvements.

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
I bought the cargo tray, but really may have prefered the liner. The tray doesn't protect the third row armrests, and when I throw my golf clubs in the back I always worry about the armrests getting beaten up.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Cargo tray for me so that when I go scuba diving or take the waverunner out I don't have to worry about the wet articles I throw in the back.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Wet articles

Good point. I worry more about wet ski and snowboard boots. If the cargo liner isn't waterproof, then the cargo tray is definitely right for me.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I got the tray because the main things in the back of the Pilot are boxes, bags, and a big dog. I thought the tray would hold up better from the dog paws.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'll be getting both - the tray goes on top of the liner.

kad

·
Registered
85 Posts
BEST FOR DOGS?

Which one would be best for our large Lab? She sheds and drools with the best of them. Haven't taken delivery of the Pilot yet, but need something to protect the back. I'm sure whatever we get she'll eat it.:cursin:

·
Registered
414 Posts
I got the Husky tray this week. An hour later I picked up some yard plants and lava rock. Got home, pulled the liner out and 10 seconds of hosing got rid of the mud and gunk I like it already! There are a couple forums out there where people have posted pix of the liner and various trays and their reviews.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
I changed the title of this thread to "Question (Cargo tray or Cargo liner?)" because before, it just said "Question" and it was too vague ITMHO... :)

ITMHO = In This Moderator's Humble Opinion

·
Registered
7 Posts
The tray is nice and protects the bottom pretty well, bags of potting soil and gravel, but not the sides, sheet rock. Adding the liner is a good idea. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought the liner, and I am impressed. I like the way it protects the sides, rear door and the back of the middle seats. It fits well, is easy to remove for cleaning and has holes to allow access to cargo hooks. Good product. They say it is "water resistant", but I haven't put anything wet back there yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Maybe a silly question, but if you need to flip up the third seat, what do you do with the cargo liner or tray?

They both seem that they will need to be removed before being able to use that third row and I'm wondering how cumbersome it would be to have the liner or tray to have to deal with - especially if I'm not at home at the time I need to use the third seat.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Carole said:
Maybe a silly question, but if you need to flip up the third seat, what do you do with the cargo liner or tray?

They both seem that they will need to be removed before being able to use that third row and I'm wondering how cumbersome it would be to have the liner or tray to have to deal with - especially if I'm not at home at the time I need to use the third seat.
I don't know about the liner (I don't have my Pilot, yet - next week hopefully), but I recall someone saying that the tray can be rolled up and fits in the space between the 3rd row & the rear door.

kad

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I've got the tray, and love it! Yes, it rolls up easily when you need the third row seat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The cargo tray rolls up easily and stores nicely behind the third row. It's been great for catching the mess from anything that gets tossed back there, including wet ski boots and leaky trash bags...I'd also recommend getting the all-weather mats, which are made of the same heavy-duty rubber as the cargo tray.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Carole said:

Liner comes with a nice stow bag and comes off in about 30 seconds. stowed liner takes up way less room than the cargo tray.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the tray also. It seemed to me to protect a lot more of the back than the liner, and having the lip for spilled liquids, (or now for melting snow), from articles placed back there was the main selling point for me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts