Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they single fillament bulb (for hi/lo)?

Or twin? I am thinking they are single but I thought I would run it by the present owners.

Cheers

Nick

·
Registered
173 Posts
nickg5...

The Pilot uses twin filament headlight bulbs.

The true type code is "HB2" but "9003" and "H4" types are virtually identical and will work fine (according to several different headlight charts on the web).

I recently replaced the stock bulbs with 9003 blue-whites - an easy job.

·
Registered
797 Posts
What are 9003 blue-whites? Got a good link for them and the comparison?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Autobahn...

These are standard GE bubble-pack bulbs... "Super Blue" with brilliant white light; stock number 9003/SB. I found them at a local consumer auto parts store (Discount Auto Parts).

While there, I noticed that GE offers several different types of bubble pack lights with different color temperatures and wattage ratings - stock halogen, super blue, even Xenon bulbs.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see. this is what I meant twin fillament.
One bulb for hi's and lows.

I may have a excellent deal for real HID's but I am not sure it is worth the loss of the high beam.

Cheers

Nick

·
Registered
797 Posts
ChiefPilot...

Do the new bulbs mess up any sensors that indicate the lights are out? Have heard that on Volvos by changing the lights to a different wattage (such as a lower wattage Xenon) that the computer senses a change in voltage and illuminates an indicator on the dash for a burnt out light, etc. Curious if changing the bulbs on the Pilot would cause the same problem.

·
Registered
173 Posts
autobahn...

So far, there has been no indication that there is any issue with the non-stock bulbs. As far as I can tell, everything is working as usual.

nickg...

Sorry I misunderstood your original question. Yes - the Pilot uses only one headlight bulb per side. The bulb provides both high and low beams.

By the way, I think all HID lights are low-beam only... aren't they?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Up until now all HID's have been low beam only. However, the new BMW 7-something has both low beam and high beam HID's. I'm sure they will eventually filter down to all makes and models. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts