Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Black 2019 Pilot Elite
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having troubles with the built in QI charger and an iPhone? My iPhone XR charges fine on my QI charger at home. When I use the Pilot one, it charges for a minute or 2 and then blinks green and stops charging. I’ve tried this with and without a case and gotten the same results.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Many people have noted that their phone moves and then the phone isn’t aligned with the charging coil. You should try and see if it works by moving your phone when it stops charging.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My Qi charger seems to work pretty well on both my iPhone 11 and wife’s iPhone XS pro. We have pretty minimal cases and we make sure it is right in the center of the charging area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Black 2019 Pilot Elite
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Qi charger seems to work pretty well on both my iPhone 11 and wife’s iPhone XS pro. We have pretty minimal cases and we make sure it is right in the center of the charging area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m going to play with it some more. We also keep regular chargers in the car, so it’s not a huge deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Many people have noted that their phone moves and then the phone isn’t aligned with the charging coil. You should try and see if it works by moving your phone when it stops charging.
It’s been in the past that Honda has always r&d bugs or problems until they are resolved, looks like not enough testing was done to make sure this would not be a problem, just implement now approach was taken with the wireless charger. The charger should have worked, apple or android
My dealer told me that Honda was working on a fix to this problem, a week later told me to come in they have the new one, Honda dealer is not being truthful with the facts in this matter, but go and put another one in. I’am giving them another try to see if their double talk saves the problem them from having to go elsewhere for service, heck sell it and by another type of vehicle that works properly! Sorry for the downer about the Honda problems d.I. Intake valve problems wireless charger problems, not the same Honda of yester year, hurry get it to production, try to fix it later

·
Registered
813 Posts
It’s been in the past that Honda has always r&d bugs or problems until they are resolved, looks like not enough testing was done to make sure this would not be a problem, just implement now approach was taken with the wireless charger. The charger should have worked, apple or android
My dealer told me that Honda was working on a fix to this problem, a week later told me to come in they have the new one, Honda dealer is not being truthful with the facts in this matter, but go and put another one in. I’am giving them another try to see if their double talk saves the problem them from having to go elsewhere for service, heck sell it and by another type of vehicle that works properly! Sorry for the downer about the Honda problems d.I. Intake valve problems wireless charger problems, not the same Honda of yester year, hurry get it to production, try to fix it later
To be fair, many other car companies also face this same issue. Either their charger is too slow, or the phone isn't aligned with the charger all the time. I guess car companies just see a wireless charger as something that adds a small boost to your battery when you take a trip. It makes sense because if you really needed to charge your phone fast, then plugging it in is the best option. I'm hoping the next gen Pilot will solve this issue. Another thing is that the Pilot was redesigned all the way back in 2015. During that time the iPhone was about 3 years away from getting that feature, and lets face it, a new feature in a different phone isn't really popular until Apple adds it in their phone. Honda gave a half- hearted attempt when they added the wireless charger in the 2019 refresh because there wasn't really a good place to put that. Nowadays cars have a fan and a slot for your phone to charge it, but the Pilot doesn't have the space for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts