Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question for those who might know about this sort of thing.

What is the typical level of discount that you can expect a reasonable dealer to offer on Dealer Installed Options for the Pilot? I am referring to things like the Side Bars, Tonneau Cover, etc.

I know that the markup on the vehicle itself is around 9%, but have been led to believe from reading other posts that option markup is much higher. One poster stated that he got about $1600 worth of options for $500, which is a pretty big cut.

I live in Canada, and am planning to go negotiate tonight with the dealer for a Pilot, but want to get a fair price for my options as well as the vehicle.

If anyone can reply back with their experiences in pricing, both on the vehicle itself and dealer options, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Anthony

·
Registered
21 Posts
Folks here who already own Pilots have talked about how straightforward it is to install some of these things yourself (e.g. sounds to me like side bars or running boards and the hitch, not counting the coolers, would be a snap). My strategy so far is to ask for the accessories at "internet" prices and include installation, or to use "free" accessories as a bargaining point when there's not enough room on the price. At "internet" pricing you know they're still making money :).

Take a look in some of the other topic areas for dealer recommendations for accessories, or go through the list of dealers in yahoo. Some folks even include shipping in the price, so I have to wonder why someone would pay more than the going internet price on many of these things (except where you don't want to remove your front bumper to install coolers for the towing package, for instance).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Options

While my local SW Ontario dealer won't move on the list price (I bought the first one from the dealership in June), he did give me all accessories at his cost plus installation. I bought running boards, cargo mat, hood edge protector (since returned). The cost for accessories runs between 40 to 60% of retail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts