Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question for those who have had a Pilot for a while now... How do you find the fuel economy overall?

In the past, most of my vehicles have fallen into the "roughly 500 Km to a tank" range.

The Pilot has a 72 litre tank, so based on that and the Canadian ratings the vehicle has, I should expect to see around 600+ Km per tank, assuming that much of my driving is highway and not city.

Would this be in line with what others have seen? I am not even through my first tank yet, but I am just wondering...

Thanks,

Anthony

·
Registered
36 Posts
My mileage has been right in line with the ratings, avg. 21.8 mpg on highway and 17-18 mpg in the city. I cruise @ 75 mph on the highway.:4:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, finished off the first tank today. I got 556 Km out of it before the fuel light went on, so I loaded 66.5 liters into her and headed onto the open road.

So, that comes out to around 11.9 liters per 100 Km, which is more or less in line with where it should be.

Of course, it would be nice if the damn gas didn't cost so much!! It's way up right now, so it cost me 74.9 cents per litre, which adds up with the Pilot having a 72 litre tank.

However, the drive is worth it....I'll just have to eat less food or something like that.

Later...

Anthony

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm at almost 5000 miles now, and my last two tanks have gotten me 13 mpg. But almost all my driving is less than 3 mile trips.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have had my Pilot for one month and just complteted a 1,000 mile road trip. My total mileage after the trip is 2,300. I am averaging about 15 mgh in city driving. My mileage on the trip was 21 mgh for highway driving, which was primarily on interstates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts