Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have these, and if so, how many mats do you get in the set? Is it just 2 for the front, or do they give you mats for all the seating positions, including the 3rd row?

My dealer has not seen them yet, so he is not sure. Just wondering since I am thinking of getting a set.

Thanks,

Anthony

·
Registered
465 Posts
You get them for first and second row, but not third. They are very good, but rather than going through your dealer, I would recommend hondacuraworld.com . Tim has very good prices, and delivers right to your door.
There is another thread on this site that shows a company that makes all three rows of mats, and color coordinated to your interior. I am perfectly happy with my set though. They have a lip all the way around them so that water doesn't get on your carpet.

To get more information on the mats, do a search on this site for "mats" and you should get a wealth of information.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I agree with catbert - they're really great and Tim's prices are better than the dealers.
Also... The Honda mats have the little holes to attach to the floor to prevent them from slipping. Not sure if the others do but it really is nice to not have to constantly adjust them. Just a thought. :cool:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Exactlly like OEM mats.....

that you get with the Pilot. The only thing I don't like about them is that, like the original fabric mats, they don't cover the "dead pedal". The reason I bought them, of course, was to protect the carpeting. I'm going to try some of that clear vinyl floor runner stuff to see if I can cut a satisfactory piece to fit over the dead pedal and under the Honda all weather mat. If I could find one that fit as well as the Honda, fastened to the existing hooks and covered the dead pedal too, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Unfortunatly the only ones I have been able to find are Weathertech and they don' fit as well. They seem to be made for the MDX and Pilot; but there are some subtle dimension differences between the two.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have them too and will be using them all winter long. Actually, I see no reason as to why I should put the original mats back in. These are "ALL" weather mats right?!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I also own a set and also bought mine from Tim at www.hondacuraworld.com (remember that his price includes shipping). I use mine overtop of the original mats, and while this somewhat precludes the use of the little hooks, they have remained in the same spot without shifting. I was wearing a spot in the original mats, and they were starting to get stained with dirt.

Just to mention that, just like the originals, the second row mat is a single long mat that spans the width of the car.

·
Registered
920 Posts
My only knock with these mats is that they are not deep enough...sand and debris still tends to spill over the edges pretty easily. I have a friend who has a Jetta with all-season VW mats and they have nice deep grooves in them to actually trap the dirt.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I was thinking about doing the same thing "placing the all-weather mats over the top of the original mats" but like you mentioned you cannot use the little hook to keep the mats in place. So have removed the original mats.

Also, don't you think because you haven't removed the original mats, they would get marks from the underside of the all-weather mats ??

r_hammel said:
I also own a set and also bought mine from Tim at www.hondacuraworld.com (remember that his price includes shipping). I use mine overtop of the original mats, and while this somewhat precludes the use of the little hooks, they have remained in the same spot without shifting. I was wearing a spot in the original mats, and they were starting to get stained with dirt.

Just to mention that, just like the originals, the second row mat is a single long mat that spans the width of the car.

·
Registered
290 Posts
03pilot said:
I was thinking about doing the same thing "placing the all-weather mats over the top of the original mats" but like you mentioned you cannot use the little hook to keep the mats in place. So have removed the original mats.

Also, don't you think because you haven't removed the original mats, they would get marks from the underside of the all-weather mats ??

I would expect them to get some dimples from the little pointy rubber feet (how's that for a techinical term), but I would expect that they would disappear quickly enough once the all weather mat was removed. I don't think it would ruin it in any way.

As to their depth, they seem plenty deep enough to me. I have had some pretty muddy and dirty shoes since I have been doing all the tilling and other work in my yard and it seemed to collect it all very well. I didn't notice any spilling over at all (well, at least not until I tried to take them out and hose them down, but that was my fault for trying to fold it up while pulling it out).

The outer lip is pretty tall, I can't imagine how much sand, dirt, or mud it would take to cause it to spill over, but it would be quite a bit I would guess, in which case, you may benefit by stomping your feet or kicking the tires for a second before getting into your vehicle to get the excess off.

When I go fly-fishing, I will hop from stream to stream and I will leave my waders on for the drive between streams. My waders have felt bottoms, which is a magnificent way to collect sand, mud, and all other sorts of muck in the bottom of a stream, especially when you have to trek a half a mile or more back to your vehicle with wet felt bottom boots in dirt and sandy areas. Even this doesn't seem to be too much for these mats.

Maybe I am just more careful about cleaning up a little before climbing in than others. But I have found them to be excellent and I have no complaints.

·
Registered
307 Posts
what would be the advantage to having both the carpeted mats, and the all weather mats in? I just have the all weather ones in, and the originals in the box the all weathers came in. Wish I had known about Tim and this site before I bought them for 10% off list though........

·
Registered
290 Posts
No real advantage, except that I don't have to find a place to store them and I can always easily whip them out to show them off and/or to present a more stylish interior. Also nice to have on trips if you feel like taking off you shoes and relaxing, you can just reverse the order and have the soft mats on top and you don't have to put your feet on cold rubber. Other than that I can't think of anything. I just figured they would end up getting dirty or misplaced if I put them anywhere else. So this way, they stay with the car.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Storage of original mats

I just put the all weather mats over the OEM mats for the passenger and 2nd row. But I had to hang the drivers mat on the wall cause it won't fit on the OEM because of the Pegs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i purchased some all weather mats at Costco for $20 It comes with a total of four mats 2 large ones that fits the driver and passenger sides pretty well and two smaller ones for the rear. It is about 1/4 the price and matches my gray interior nicely.

·
Registered
48 Posts
swoTAM said:
Does anyone have these, and if so, how many mats do you get in the set? Is it just 2 for the front, or do they give you mats for all the seating positions, including the 3rd row?

My dealer has not seen them yet, so he is not sure. Just wondering since I am thinking of getting a set.

Thanks,

Anthony
I bought the Mat last week.
I just now ordered All season Mats from www.4hondaparts.com.

Cost : $ 83.78
Shipping $ 10.99

Final Price : $ 94.77

I got it in 5 days. The price in this site is the cheapest.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Tim's price with free shipping from his site at... www.hondacuraworld.com

Honda Pilot All-Season Floor Mats
Customer Rating: not yet rated
Code: 08P13-S9V-100
Retail: $119.00
Your Price: $92.30
Quantity in Basket: none

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Found a good fix

I got a pair of 2'x3' door mats.
The type that have the bibbed carpet bound to a rubber backing, with about a 1" rubber edge. (Small version of what you see in commercail buildings).
I put these under the Honda all weater mats.
The Honda mats hold them down perfectly, and after about a week they formed themeselves to the shape of the floor very well.
The width is a near perfect fit with the 1" edge turned up on the sides.
They cover the dead peddle, and the area under the accelerator when your heal can touch.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I actually had a chance to try weathertech.com
set of all-weather mats at a local accessory shop.
They fit nearly perfect, at least the front ones
that I tried. Passanger side -- perfect. Driver's
side gets 9 out of 10 rating. Cover the dead pedal
as well, and will hold like a quart of water.
For New England winters -- this is what I am going
to be getting. $85 at my local accessory shop,
or $79 plus delivery from the Weathertech.
Front ones are W4 model number, and rear ones
are W25. You can also get another rear set for the
third row.

·
Registered
48 Posts
r_hammel said:

Which I can vouch for, as that was my price delivered.
Wow they have reduced the price recently. When I checked on 10/14/2002 it costed more in HONDAACCURAWORLD.
Well, this is why I like this site. We get very current information.
SWOTAM HONDACCURA world should work for you.

Thanks r_hammel

·
Registered
262 Posts
Black_Hawk said:

Wow they have reduced the price recently. When I checked on 10/14/2002 it costed more in HONDAACCURAWORLD.
I think you're mistaken: I did a price comparison
back in August, and HAW price was the same.
See my comparison at the web site in my signature.
Not the lowest, but the same.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts