Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an observation... almost every video I see of people starting there push button enabled models seem to hold it down for a lot longer than necessary. I'm guessing that this might even be a precursor to some of the button failures I've read about. You only need to press it for about 1/4 of a second and it will start. And, you don't need to mash it down either.

Just thinking out loud

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
1,045 Posts
Just an observation... almost every video I see of people starting there push button enabled models seem to hold it down for a lot longer than necessary. I'm guessing that this might even be a precursor to some of the button failures I've read about. You only need to press it for about 1/4 of a second and it will start. And, you don't need to mash it down either.

Just thinking out loud
There was a recall on the early 2016's on the start PB as there was an issue with the silicone breaking down and fouling the contacts. I had to replace mine a couple of years ago but the dealer covered the cost under the recall. These OEM Honda switches are made in Mexico and there may have been some QC issues with that batch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts