Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Spring (June 2020) I had the ever dreading push button replaced due to the error others were getting. We did get it covered under the recall or warranty though which we just sent in the paperwork for. Anyways, SINCE getting that push button replaced, my auto-lock-walk-away has stopped working. I've trying enabling and disabling and still doesn't work. Is that a coincidence or related? The dealership is trying to tell me it's a separate incident so therefore they have to charge me. Willing to dispute my charges - thought I'd ask this group.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My auto lock stopped working awhile back, and I have no issues with my start button. If you figure out what’s wrong, please let us know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
580 Posts
Last Spring (June 2020) I had the ever dreading push button replaced due to the error others were getting. We did get it covered under the recall or warranty though which we just sent in the paperwork for. Anyways, SINCE getting that push button replaced, my auto-lock-walk-away has stopped working. I've trying enabling and disabling and still doesn't work. Is that a coincidence or related? The dealership is trying to tell me it's a separate incident so therefore they have to charge me. Willing to dispute my charges - thought I'd ask this group.

Did you still get the horn feedback that it locked or did not lock?

When mine doesn't lock i get a quick triple horn tap.

When it does lock i get a single horn tap.

Really stupid question...
Have you checked to make sure all your doors and the hatch is fully closed properly?

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
868 Posts
Did you check the vehicle settings to make sure the walk away lock is enabled? If it is and still not working, some have had success disconnecting the battery for while and then reconnecting. It seems to do a reset of the security system. Just make sure that the keyfob is with you when you reconnect the power.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
868 Posts

Have you checked to make sure all your doors and the hatch is fully closed properly?
Mine gets a little funky sometimes and I get the multiple beeps. I can either just press the lock button on the remote or open and close the drivers door and it returns to normal and I get a single beep and then another single beep when the lock activates about 10 secs later. It only seems to act up intermittently when the rear doors are closed last and never when the drivers door is the last door closed.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Auto lock when walking away did NOT work when our start/stop button had issues. Once the button was replaced, the auto lock when walking away started working normally. Sorry that your experience is opposite. I don't know why. But the two are definitely related.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I would get 1 beep when I would walk away - not 2 beeps (the second being the locking of the doors) even though I had enabled, disabled, and reenabled that part.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you check the vehicle settings to make sure the walk away lock is enabled? If it is and still not working, some have had success disconnecting the battery for while and then reconnecting. It seems to do a reset of the security system. Just make sure that the keyfob is with you when you reconnect the power.
Yep - I disabled and then reenabled it too. Apparently it was some sensor in the door .... and coincidentally, unrelated to the push button alert I got last year, but yet, the auto locking worked prior to that being fixed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Auto lock when walking away did NOT work when our start/stop button had issues. Once the button was replaced, the auto lock when walking away started working normally. Sorry that your experience is opposite. I don't know why. But the two are definitely related.
Agreed! And of course, the Honda folks claimed it's not related .... so therefore $250 out of pocket!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine gets a little funky sometimes and I get the multiple beeps. I can either just press the lock button on the remote or open and close the drivers door and it returns to normal and I get a single beep and then another single beep when the lock activates about 10 secs later. It only seems to act up intermittently when the rear doors are closed last and never when the drivers door is the last door closed.
I get the multiple beeps if I try to walk away when the hatch is still being closed. But otherwise no issues with multiple beeps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My auto lock stopped working awhile back, and I have no issues with my start button. If you figure out what’s wrong, please let us know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A sensor in the door is what caused it. And according to my dealership, it was unrelated to the push start ignition that everyone seems to have issues with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep - I disabled and reenabled it too. Did the battery change too. Super annoying! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts