Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
New to the forum looking for some advice on what maintenance should be done at this mileage. It's a one owner vehicle all service were done at the local dealer. I called the service dep't spoke with a rep she stated the vehicle is in very good shape mechanically.
To give my self piece of mind should i get all services updated while I'm the owner?

Interior has been well kept all seats are like new. Service rep stated all needed now is just the fluids to be replaced again, vehicle has very good power no knocks or pings or strange sounds coming from the chassis or drive train. No leaks in any main areas,
I'm looking at upgrading the tires, should i go wider than the OEM 235/60/18 to 245/60/18 ?

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Assuming the timing belt, water pump and related parts were maintained at 100K your Pilot may be due in another 30K give or take. Confirm / get a print out with the local dealer the service records for your Pilot. Consider the dealer advice on ALL the fluids for a good baseline for the trans, oil, rear diff, etc. The bump in tire size is approximately 1/2" increase in diameter and width

·
Registered
11,410 Posts
Service records would help a lot. Otherwise I'm going through the whole vehicle, checking all the vital components. Take no chances.

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Assuming the timing belt, water pump and related parts were maintained at 100K your Pilot may be due in another 30K give or take. Confirm / get a print out with the local dealer the service records for your Pilot. Consider the dealer advice on ALL the fluids for a good baseline for the trans, oil, rear diff, etc. The bump in tire size is approximately 1/2" increase in diameter and width
Will do , going to get with the SVC dep't this weekend. Thanks!

·
Registered
11,410 Posts
Timing was done at 100K vehicle now has 170K. I think I will get a new one installed!
I wouldn't rush getting a new timing belt, water pump at 70k unless I knew the vehicle has been under a severe service load. Save the money for now. I'd wait to 190k, unless I had symptoms of failure.
Any other service records?
Oil and filter
Air filter
Spark plugs
ATF clean pink/red not brown
Brakes/brake fluid
Coolant flush

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
11,410 Posts
OMG Thanks so much for this link, everything is here about the vehicle.(y)
I must give credit to our fearless Super Moderator @Daltongang . He shared that with me a few months back. 😁

·
Registered
2007 Pilot EXL, 2012 Civic LX, 2007 VTX1300C
284 Posts
OMG Thanks so much for this link, everything is here about the vehicle.(y)
I had forgotten about my account I setup on this site after I had a recall check on my Civic's CV axle shortly after purchase. Just added my Pilot to my vehicle's list and seems the original owner only went to the dealer for the airbag recalls and independent shops for everything else

1 - 11 of 11 Posts