Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My A/C wasn't running great last week and we found a wrench was blocking one of the cooling fans. Now when I turn the A/C on, the car kind of shakes and it feels like there is a pulsing that I can feel in my seat. Is the fan just running rough because it was blocked or is it something else? Thanks

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,217 Posts
unfortunately nothing on there has anything to do with what I’m looking for. Thank you.
Can you post a video of where the sound is coming from? You might need a new fan and/or motor if this one was damaged by the wrench.

I guess that where the expression "to throw a wrench into the works" comes from. :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Was the wrench in the front or rear fan? Could be that it damaged either the motor or the fan cage. It would not take much damage to the cage to cause a vibration. Or the fan cage could be loose on the shaft.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,166 Posts
Does the issue occur when only the front blower is on?
Does the issue occur when only the rear blower is on?
Does the pulsing change as blower speed is increased and decreased?
As others have mentioned the first place to look around would be where you found the wrench.
And what were you working on when the wrench was left behind?

Reactions: Sha93 and plplplpl

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was the wrench in the front or rear fan? Could be that it damaged either the motor or the fan cage. It would not take much damage to the cage to cause a vibration. Or the fan cage could be loose on the shaft.
I am about to upload a video, but I found that the fan wobbles quite a bit when it spins. It is more obvious when the fan is turned off and it's slowing down. I assume that is the problem, but I don't actually know what that is....
Is it the motor or the entire fan?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,166 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
13 Posts
My A/C wasn't running great last week and we found a wrench was blocking one of the cooling fans. Now when I turn the A/C on, the car kind of shakes and it feels like there is a pulsing that I can feel in my seat. Is the fan just running rough because it was blocked or is it something else? Thanks
Not sure extent of pulsing but this happened to us with our 2006 pilot EX in2018. We live in MA and went up to NH for an overnight visit. On our way home next day the A/C wasn't putting out much air and the fan sounded like the bearing was gone and pulsated like crazy, shut the A/C and opened windows. Well home I took out the fan motor and found 4 dead squirrel newborn and all dead. Did some research and found that a squirrel must have come up trough the right side of the engine space and up trough the right front fender in trough a very narrow space for the fan air intake. Did plug it up using expandable foam, cleaned up fan and reinstalled and it works fine.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,217 Posts
"Don't worry, hon. The kids will be perfectly safe in there while I just go for a little joyride."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts