Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,625 Posts
honestly I don’t care if they are warped, or whatever. If they’re pulsating when I stop I don’t like it. I’ll call it warped because that’s kind of the generic term.

·
Registered
9,923 Posts
Is this a deposition? Good grief -- chances are good that 19k pads are OEM and there from the factory.
If someone makes an assertion about the OEM parts fitted to new Pilots, wouldn't you want to know if they've ever actually bought a new Pilot?

·
Registered
309 Posts
If someone makes an assertion about the OEM parts fitted to new Pilots, wouldn't you want to know if they've ever actually bought a new Pilot?
Not really, if they've just mentioned that the car had 19k miles on it. It's also not a huge task to take a look at pads and figure out manufacturer (OEM or not).

·
Registered
45 Posts
what do you suggest?
new brake pads and rotors?
Resurface rotors only -pads at 50% now?
New brake pads, resurface rotors?

car is at 70k miles
Use
what do you suggest?
new brake pads and rotors?
Resurface rotors only -pads at 50% now?
New brake pads, resurface rotors?

car is at 70k miles
i use Akebono brake pads. They are great. Replace the rotors too. Pulsating comes from warped discs. I use the OEM brake rotors. Be careful buying aftermarket rotors as many are substandard.

·
Registered
140 Posts
All I know is the factory brake pads are not very good. They tend to gum up causing rotors to scar. Buying brake pads that produce less dust is what I'd look for. Someone posted recently that O'Reilly's resurfaces rotors cheap. Not opposed. The key is to have a smooth braking surface whether new or resurfaced. If driving on salted roads, I'd probably go for rotors that are coated with rust protection. No need for slotted or drilled.
My '05's rotors were machined every 60K on the vehicle at the dealer. They said that was it. I made the mistake of buying Bosch Opticast's from O'Reilly's and some stock
pads. 20K later they're vibrating like hell. I'm going back to OEM's.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L, 2017 Ridgeline RLT
26 Posts
I would suggest loosening your lugnuts and retightening them properly and seeing if the problem goes away. Mechanics love to gun those things on and walk away, and the torque is usually uneven and out of spec. Every time I have my tires rotated I end up having to retorque the lugnuts to keep from having brake judder.
Mechanics should either torque or use torque sticks, many are just to lazy or in too big of a hurry to make the next buck waiting for them.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts