Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I'm new to the site and glad I stumbled on to it. I've done a little browsing and found some great info, but not exactly with what I am struggling with. I have a problem with my '06 Pilot that is kicking my butt and need a little guidance. I apologize for the long story, but want to include all the details. My daughter just started driving and I am giving her my Pilot. It has 270,000 miles on it and I wanted to give it a good tune up. I had a chirp/squeak coming from the serpentine belt tensioner area that was progressively getting worse that need attention anyway. So...I replaced the spark plugs, air filter, serpentine tensioner/idler, timing belt, water pump and serpentine belt. All went well with replacing everything. I started it up to check everything and all was ok. The next day my daughter says it was squeaking again, especially when she turned the AC on. I confirmed an odd noise coming from the AC compressor area, so I bought a AC clutch kit and replace the coil, pulley and clutch. The noise from the AC compressor went away, but the chirp is still there. I looked at it last weekend and found wear on the side of the new serpentine belt already indicating pulley misalignment. I bought a Dayco laser pulley alignment kit and found that the crank pulley and power steering pump were dead on. However, the alternator pulley is about a 1/16" in to far and the AC compressor pulley is the opposite way being 1/16" out too far. So my first question is regarding the alternator. Can I shim it out? If so, do I add shims against the alternator housing or remove the pulley and add shims there. My other question is regarding the AC compressor pulley. Is there a way to get the pulley to go in further. I don't think there is a way to get any adjustment out of the compressor itself. Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't know about the alernator pulley but there is a chirp bulletin that affects all 05-07 Pilots. A shim by the timing belt area is suppose to fix it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ran into the same issue using an aftermarket clutch pulley on the AC. The only solution was to buy an OEM Honda kit and use that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts