Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, Per the title, I wanted a '19 but they're scarce in my color and area.

Couple of questions:

1. Replacement smart key fobs. I always like to have a spare to all my vehicles. Looked online and could only find '16-'18. Does anyone know if the 2020 keyless system is different or whether I can use the '16-'18 version. Also, if you DID get a spare online, where did you get it cut and programmed, and how much did it cost ?

2. Has anyone added a CD player to the existing system ? Difficult task. I saw a PDF of it, and it looked like pretty in-depth dismantling of the infotainment area.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Congtat on your new Pilot. I thought it comes with two keys. Mine came with driver 1 and driver 2. If so there is no need for another spare. This leads to your next question, your dealer can program a new key for you, at a cost, I heard in the hundreds (3 hundreds and up IIRC). Haven’t seen anyone added a dvd player yet. Unless you have a lot of dvds, it’s better to carry a tablet along.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congtat on your new Pilot. I thought it comes with two keys. Mine came with driver 1 and driver 2. If so there is no need for another spare. This leads to your next question, your dealer can program a new key for you, at a cost, I heard in the hundreds (3 hundreds and up IIRC). Haven’t seen anyone added a dvd player yet. Unless you have a lot of dvds, it’s better to carry a tablet along.

H7, Thanks for the reply. The only reason I would want a CD player is that quite often I attend music festivals and they are usually long distance. Many times I purchase several CDs from the various performers off their "merchandise table". It's nice to be able to listen to them on the long ride home. After I get home I can rip them to my phone.

As for the key fob. Yes it came with D1 and D2, I'd like a third spare. Doesn't matter if it's 1 or 2 or neither. While I've made the deal, I haven't picked up the car yet. I may ask them if they'll program and cut an ebay or amazon key for me. Highly unlikely as the usual response to anything like this is "we can't do anything with non Honda parts". Yet some internetters are reporting that dealers WILL cut and program ebay/amazon keys.

I'm going to check with a couple of local locksmiths and see what they say. Maybe even a couple of different dealers. I am still wondering though, if the 2020 system is different from the '16-'18. I use the 16-18 reference because I haven't seen anything related to 2019 systems. Still curious.

·
Banned
379 Posts
Buy a "Discman" and just plug it in. Don't go messing with your electronics. You're just asking for trouble to add old technology lol.

·
Registered
732 Posts
You can also copy your CD's to a USB and then using the My Honda Music app which is on the car, copy the USB with all of your copied CD's into that. Now you will have your CD music without having to use a CD player! You don't have to leave the USB plugged in because it copies the music to a hard drive within the radio itself.

Reactions: Tourist2012

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Buy a "Discman" and just plug it in. Don't go messing with your electronics. You're just asking for trouble to add old technology lol.
Slip, There's no provision for a 1/8" stereo input in the vehicle. Just USB & Bluetooth.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can also copy your CD's to a USB and then using the My Honda Music app which is on the car, copy the USB with all of your copied CD's into that. Now you will have your CD music without having to use a CD player! You don't have to leave the USB plugged in because it copies the music to a hard drive within the radio itself.
ls973800, Now THAT sounds like something I can look into. I was unaware that app existed within the car. I'll look into it. Thanks.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Is there not one inside the center console (in the front toward the bottom by the USB port and/or power outlet)?
Mine has a 1/8 input(labeled AUX) at the front of the center console. Under the flip up cover of the USB charging port.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Folks, thanks for the replies. Nope. Not in any of those places. It's odd, because the audio system shows it as an icon to pick, yet when I select it, is says "No device connected to Aux".

I suspect there is a jack on the system itself behind the dash, and Honda just didn't bother running a wire and a jack to the console.

Though if anyone else has any other places to look, i'd be grateful.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Very strange, maybe they moved it for the 2020 model. I would be consulting a dealership & looking at other 2020 models. Maybe another member who has a 2020 could respond. I didn't even know that my 2019 model had the jack until I read this post.

·
Registered
221 Posts
You do realize that you can install a CD player as a factory accessory in the 2019's for less than $300, right? It might be older technology but your statement that "you're asking for trouble" is very ill-informed. We'll have to wait to see if it's still available in the 2020's. My guess is that it will.

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi Folks, thanks for the replies. Nope. Not in any of those places. It's odd, because the audio system shows it as an icon to pick, yet when I select it, is says "No device connected to Aux".

I suspect there is a jack on the system itself behind the dash, and Honda just didn't bother running a wire and a jack to the console.

Though if anyone else has any other places to look, i'd be grateful.
Based on the manual (linked in the previous reply) it should be there in the center console. If it's not, it would seem like something might be off with your vehicle.

From an earlier attached image:

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
I didn't even know that my 2019 model had the jack until I read this post.
Same here. I went and looked at mine just now. Indeed, it's there.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
On my 2006 EXL RES, the AUX input is RCA audio/video behind the center console, so I added an A/V RCA to 3.5mm cable to quickly connect passengers' devices to the the Pilot's AV system while I'm driving and don't want to futz around with Bluetooth pairing. My GTA Carkit Pure Bluetooth also has a USB jack and an additional 3.5mm audio jack.

Granted, I don't use these that often since my phone with Waze (I hacked it so the voice directions are an Elvis voice :) ), Google Maps, hands-free calling and music are now connected to the PIlot's audio system via Bluetooth, but it's nice to have options. Glad they kept 3.5mm technology even in the 2020 Pilot, unlike some dastardly smartphone makers who have deleted it.

2020 Honda Pilot Aux Input Jack.png

1 - 20 of 33 Posts