Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in a text alert request to let me know when 03-05 Pilots go onto the yard at our local Pull-a-Part. In the past three weeks, I've been notified three times. :cool:

The first is a Black 2004 with a Saddle interior. On the first trip, I was able to get the rear Honda emblem, a full-size spare, and a window actuator that turned out not to fit (the 04 actuator has a slightly different plug than the 03). I went back and also claimed the roof rack cross bars which I need to touch up a bit and then I will install them. (y)

The second is a White 2005 with a Gray interior. It was heavily damaged and sat getting wet in another yard for a while, so the only things I grabbed were the headrests because our third row headrests were long gone when I got it.

The third is a Silver (or perhaps Steel Blue) 2005 with a Saddle interior. There was nothing I could grab off of it that would benefit me.

The only things I really need now are front door inside latch handles, non-hazed headlamps, and possibly a DVD deck for the RES. It's sad that these vehicles are hitting the yard this regularly, but it's nice to have them show up so close that I can run down and pull the parts before they disappear. My hobby car is a Miata and they almost never show up there.

Steve

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Wow that's cool ... lucky you up here in the Empire state they started closing out bone yards ..not too many left ..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that's cool ... lucky you up here in the Empire state they started closing out bone yards ..not too many left ..
Yeah, I guess the environmental regulations are probably pretty intense. Sad, though, because this chain is getting commendations for responsible recycling and reclaiming.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Yeah, I guess the environmental regulations are probably pretty intense. Sad, though, because this chain is getting commendations for responsible recycling and reclaiming.
Agreed ... NY is one of the worst places for environmental regulations and the ones that are around the prices are higher since there is no real competition .

Reactions: can

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed ... NY is one of the worst places for environmental regulations and the ones that are around the prices are higher since there is no real competition .
They're a growing chain. Maybe they'll make it to Pennsylvania or another adjoining state where it would be worth the drive.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Perfect topic - Had a slight mishap last Friday - Don't ask.

But while yet to rip it down - I need Right Front Fender & Right headlight assembly - (Passenger side)

Can I assume that an 2003 & 2008 will match up to my 2005?

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

But while yet to rip it down - I need Right Front Fender & Right headlight assembly - (Passenger side)

Thanks
I won't make those assumptions.

Generally speaking, 2003-2005 should have interchangeability (with caveats like my actuator story). The 2006 facelift may mean certain things 2006-2008 don't fit.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts

Thanks
You were on your cell phone .....weren't you :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got one down the street called Youpull&Pay great place to get parts cheap, Am also on a notification list for PIlots, they have 2 but they are the wrong generation.?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Nyet - damn car jumped out of nowhere - my fault though - I think I dozed off for a second. Working way too much.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I feel you been there myself but the vehicle was a 6 pointer buck ... had to wait for the local PD had tags still from last years hunt they dont expire till August of this year... local PD signed off on it and I was able to keep the Buck :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts