Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if it's just me or it actually is,That my Pilot is noisier,and not as smooth as it was when I first got it.For some reasons,I have a feeling that my air pressure is too high(the reason I haven"t checked is because since I bought it,I have not added any air to my tires)Now, I think I should release some air out of them,especially the front ones.Should not I have Psi differences between front and back.?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would invest in a good tire pressure guage. I check my air pressure about once a month.

Depending on how long you purchased you Pilot, your air pressure can change enough you impact on ride quality. Certainly outside air temperature plays a hugh role in operating tire pressures.

I run 34 PSI in all four. Less than that I find it too loose. Above that pressure, I find the ride too hard. I would not run different tire pressures. I find this works best for me.

·
Registered
248 Posts
How many miles do you have on it?? I know that I have some fairly aggressive tires on my truck and they start getting noisy at about 4K miles.
Once rotated they smooth out and quiet down.
Try rotating the tires if you have several thousand miles on them and see if it makes a difference.
G.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
booger said:
How many miles do you have on it?? I know that I have some fairly aggressive tires on my truck and they start getting noisy at about 4K miles.
Once rotated they smooth out and quiet down.
Try rotating the tires if you have several thousand miles on them and see if it makes a difference.
G.
I bought it in June,and now I have 5,398 miles on it.I sounds like a good idea to rotate them tires around.Would not hurt anything to try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts