Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working under your vehicle can be a rewarding experience and jack stands should be major part of the tools needed to work safely under a vehicle. This is a PSA in case you own a pair of these HF 6-ton jack stands with part# 61197. Present a copy of the pdf to speed the reimbursement process.

Description of Defect :
"For certain units, the ratchet teeth on the jack stand lifting extension post may inconsistently engage the pawl to a sufficient depth"

Attachments

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,299 Posts
Working under your vehicle can be a rewarding experience and jack stands should be major part of the tools needed to work safely under a vehicle. This is a PSA in case you own a pair of these HF 6-ton jack stands with part# 61197. Present a copy of the pdf to speed the reimbursement process.

Description of Defect :
"For certain units, the ratchet teeth on the jack stand lifting extension post may inconsistently engage the pawl to a sufficient depth"
Well that's just great. I've got a set and I've risked my life under these a many of times. ?

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
5,092 Posts

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Taking suggestions for an alternative jack stand. Looking around for some "old school" pin style jack stands that don't use the pawl and ratchet teeth for extra security. Something like these:

Attachments

·
Registered
12,299 Posts

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
Taking suggestions for an alternative jack stand. Looking around for some "old school" pin style jack stands that don't use the pawl and ratchet teeth for extra security. Something like these:
Hmmm ? doesn't look very convenient.

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
Well as long as you were not under the vehicle wailing away with a BFH or yanking an over-torqued rusty bolt with a 3.7 ft cheater bar.
All the above and more .

Reactions: plplplpl and aggrex

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
526 Posts
Well that's just great. I've got a set and I've risked my life under these a many of times. ?
Sounds like you're gonna get a Harbor Freight gift card equal to the value of the jack stands. Amazing that they sold almost half a million of them and estimate that 5% of them have the defect. That's almost 23,000 bad stands waiting to crush people.

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
Says the guy who bought the Harbor Freight widow makers. Trust me, she knows how to shop and be happy.
No really, she would rather have me alive. After 35 years of marriage, she and I got a good deal going.
?? ?

Reactions: aggrex and plplplpl

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,850 Posts

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
Reactions: Sha93

·
Banned
6 Posts
Am I the only one who is on a hunt for 6-ton jack stands? There are four stores in this area, and none of them have 6-ton stands. One employee told me that they aren't showing any coming in, so they're likely discontinued or changing to a different 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 product. Another said they aren't allowed to sell the display set on the floor. And here I was excited to use the $34.99 coupon for a set to complement a new Daytona jack.

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
526 Posts
They had none at my store yesterday, but plenty of floor jacks, which I picked up a new 3 ton model. I'll have to go elsewhere for new stands. My old 4 ton stands and 2 ton trolley jack are just not tall enough for the Pilot without using a 2x10 under them. So either they haven't gotten any new inventory of 6 ton stands to replace the recalled ones, or everyone risked out and bought the new ones when they heard the old ones might fail.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.