Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( I am trying to install my XboX console in our Pilot, but unable to find the right adaptor for an XboX AC which can be use in Cigarette Lighter. Any suggestion? If I could find PS2 then I will buy another PS2 leave the XboX at home.

SS EX-L RES #35211

·
Registered
469 Posts
Almost any good DC/AC inverter should work - check the power consumption rating on your X-Box. This unit will handle 140 watts continuous with 400 watt surges and is readily available...

Power inverter

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Xbox and PS2

I looked High and Low for some sort of adapter for PS2 and Xbox. I came to the conclusion it does not really exist, because those machines have internal power transformers. You really need a 110V inverter as Older than Dirt describes. On the other hand, Gamecube is 12V with an external Power supply and thus a 12V cigarette adapter is available from Gamestop.com.

We have all 3 consoles, but the Cube works easiest in the pilot because of its size and the 12V issue.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
I stated this in another thread, but it bears repeating.

While a decent power invertor will work, I talked to Sony about this, and they strongly advised against it. Not only that, but they told me it would void my warranty to put a PS2 in a car. Aparrently the optics are too sensitive to vibration and one good bump in the car will knock the whole thing out of whack.

Do what I did - buy a PS1 for the car.

Don't know about the X-Box.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I also talked to Sony and got the same line of bull! I'm sure that if the PS-2 failed, you'd make sure you told them that it failed in your vehicle knowing that would void the warranty...

·
Registered
767 Posts
Older than dirt said:
I also talked to Sony and got the same line of bull! I'm sure that if the PS-2 failed, you'd make sure you told them that it failed in your vehicle knowing that would void the warranty...
True, I thought to myself, "Well then who would be stupid enough to tell them that they used it in the car".

Still, the point is that I don't want to break the thing. To be honest, Sony has been very good to me, already fixing my PS2 once for free, even though it was already out of warranty, after I told them that my 3 year old pulled it off the shelf. I feel no need to hoodwink a company that has been generous to me like that, and if they say the PS2 isn't designed to stand up to the vibrations of in-car use, then (warranty issues aside) I believe them.

You can put a PS2 in your car, but to do so knowing the risks, then expect Sony to fix it for free when it breaks is dishonest at the very least.

·
Registered
469 Posts
To charge $299.00 for the console and then drop the price to $199.00 less than a year later is dishonest! The DVD player in the Honda probably has a bit more damping than the PS-2 console to absorb shock, but probably not much more. If you've ever had either of these two devices apart, you'll discover similarities in the drive support mechanisms. I suspect that if you call Sony back and get another "tech rep" on the phone, you'll probably hear some other reason for not using the PS-2 in a vahicle. What they told me was that a power sutge might damage the device - BUNK! As with most other things in life, it's a personal choice...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I paid over $400 for XboX

:mad: I paid my XboX over $400 when it first came out, stand online for 2½hrs. I paid $299.00 + accessories for HD TV. Now only $199.00....S..k. But, theren't many games for XboX. I make a biggest mistake buy Microsoft XboX. As of today I only 2 Games. I decided to buy PS for the Pilot 'cause there are many titles to choose from.

:cool: 2003 Pilot SS EX-L RES,Fog Lights with Lower Trim,Crossbars for Roof Rails, Half Nose Mask,Rear Splash Guards,Running Boards,Rear Back-Up Sensors, Wheel Locks,Auto Day/Night Mirror,Wood-Grain Trim Panel—All Interior Trim, EX Emblem, VTEC Emblem,Gold Exhaust Finishers,Fog & Head Light using XD5 5100K.
AutoShade Ventvisor,Fender Flare

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trip to NY last week bring Laptop with GPS and Xbox game for kids no problem with Xbox. Game play all the way without skipping. For the GPS, I used two software Delorme Atlas USA 2003 & Rand McNally. Rand McNally seem to be a bit more easy to used but don't like the idea of accessing internet when putting address from starting point to ending point and missing a lots of way. Delorme is a bit more difficult to used, but having some issue detecting usb gps receiver.

SS EX-L RES #35211

1 - 10 of 10 Posts