Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm owner of Honda Pilot 2004 4WD EX-L. I had a problem with torque convertor (problem P0740). After that i've changed it to remanufactured one by Recon Certified. Additionally, filters, frictions and sealing were replaced by new parts. Finally, i assemble transmission and mount it back. However, car moves only above engine rotating 1500 rpm. What do you thing, what is a problem? Thank you for every answer in advance!

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Hello! I'm owner of Honda Pilot 2004 4WD EX-L. I had a problem with torque convertor (problem P0740). After that i've changed it to remanufactured one by Recon Certified. Additionally, filters, frictions and sealing were replaced by new parts. Finally, i assemble transmission and mount it back. However, car moves only above engine rotating 1500 rpm. What do you thing, what is a problem? Thank you for every answer in advance!
No codes? Did you reuse the old torque converter clutch solenoid? Check transmission, transfer and differential fluid levels:?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Is the ground cable from the transmission to the chassis intact?
What kind of transmission fluid was used?
P0740
Possible Causes

• Low transmission fluid level

• Dirty transmission fluid

• Faulty torque converter clutch solenoid valve

• Torque converter clutch solenoid valve harness is open or shorted

• Torque converter clutch solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection

1 - 3 of 3 Posts