Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2019 Pilot Touring is not even 2 weeks old, and it's already having Navigation problems. When the Garmin App is opened, it does not display any maps. It does display all the Garmin touch screen buttons, but not the actual map. When I press the search button in the Garmin app, it said loading maps. Map never loads! Restarting the car does nothing. This is so frustrating. Anyone else encounter this issue?

·
Registered
2005 Pilot LX
2,618 Posts
If the issue is easily repeatable take it back to the dealer, demonstrate the issue to the service writer, and tell them to fix it. Hopefully all that is required is a firmware update. Unless you’ve driven 36k miles already, which I highly doubt, this will be covered under warranty.

Reactions: Rocky

·
Registered
1 Posts
We are also having this issue. Just started tonight going on a trip tomorrow. Tried to update the maps but it just brings up loading maps dialog. Is there a solution or a quick hack that might fix this? How did you end up fixing it? Ours is a 2019 Pilot EX-L with Nav, 1 month old.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Any updates on this? Our 2019 Elite just started this. Comes up with a screen, "Map data loading" and nothing...

·
Registered
2 Posts
While mucking around the settings I came a cross a , "reset to factory default" button. I performed that and GPS working fine now.
I tried that and no improvement. Still no maps and cannot update because of "Map data loading" message box.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I tried that and no improvement. Still no maps and cannot update because of "Map data loading" message box.
FIXED: OK, there are two "Factory Reset" procedures. The one within the Garmin navigation settings does not work to resolve this issue. The one within the infotainment system settings does. It took about 5 minutes and everything came back up running as it originally did before the blank map issue. The only down side is that you loose some of the user settings. You will need to link cell phone(s) again and re-program you radio stations, etc. Apparently you don't loose car settings such as auto-light off, etc but I have not confirmed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 and it stopped finding satellites. Dealer fixed it to find satellites. It now sometimes says go west when I want to go east sometimes but not always. Map shows go east but voice says go west. Garmin is looking into it.
Has anyone else had the same issue. I have loaded the latest map updates.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts