Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wonder if any of you with new Pilots 2004s would post minor problems or any problems continuing from the 2003 model. Thanks.

·
Registered
276 Posts
lalo212 said:
Just wonder if any of you with new '04's would post minor or any problems continuing from those posted concernig Pilot '03. Thanks.
I don't have an '04, but I'll say it anyway.......

STILL NO SUNROOF! :bangh:

:D

·
Registered
316 Posts
I took delivery of my 04 EX on 11/08.

I now have a little more than 1500 miles with zero problems.

I'll report again in a few months, unless a problem occurs.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
We took delivery of an '04 in early October and are approaching 4K miles without a problem of any kind.

Pilot's a great car--the inside is bigger than the outside, something to do with the space-time continuum, I think.

·
Registered
403 Posts
My two weeks old 04 Silver Pilot had no auto open/close function of driver's window when it was first delivered. I could feel the second click of the switch in both opening and closing direction but window just stopped as soon as I let go the switch.

The dealer fixed the problem right away by reprogramming or resetting the computer. This was very interesting to me. I suppose many car features nowadays are realized by software. Maybe I shouldn't be much surprised by the computer-controlled window since the engine is fully controlled by the computer from fuel injection to ignition timing and monitoring various conditions.:4:

This was the only problem.:)

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
regnideir said:
Mines less then a week old. Still on first tank of gas. So nothing yet but the 3 row seat belt rivet.
Are they still building them with that stupid rivet in the wrong place? I had hoped they would fix something that simple. :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
2 month old, 4400 miles including a 1300 mile road trip.

Problems/annoyances

Driver door seal noise
Poor compass performance on the optional day night mirror
Chatty wipers
Skipping cd player (head unit)

·
Registered
88 Posts
1 month old and 3200 miles.

Problems:

1) Rear wiper not working --- Took it to the dealer but needs to keep the car for a whole day, rescheduled appointment for Dec 1st.
2) Saggy front leather seats (not sure if this can be counted as a problem)
3) Whispering noise from the left passenger side (this is an intermittent problem, occurs only on highways around 70 mph). Already mentioned about this to the dealer, he will check it out on Dec 1st too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I picked up my EX-L with navi on Monday, November 17. I love the Pilot. It drives like a car. Very roomy inside, nice outside. My only problems are the front seats sagging and the gas mileage seems to be really bad. So far on a half tank of gas I only got 100 city miles. That would average out to about 10 mpg. Can someone tell me if this gets better? :(

·
Registered
403 Posts
I just found another minor problem on my 04 Pilot. Passenger side seat back does not heat up but only the bottom does. Driver side seat heat up both bottom and back. I need to make another trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
403 Posts
jat20 said:
I picked up my EX-L with navi on Monday, November 17. I love the Pilot. It drives like a car. Very roomy inside, nice outside. My only problems are the front seats sagging and the gas mileage seems to be really bad. So far on a half tank of gas I only got 100 city miles. That would average out to about 10 mpg. Can someone tell me if this gets better? :(
I feel the same about the gas mileage. One thing I noticed to improve this is not using "FULL AUTO" AC. This seems to keep AC ompressor on all or most of the time. I keep it in "AUTO" and turn AC compressor ON and OFF manually. This seems to improve mileage a little. I am getting 15 to 17 these days though I have filled the tank only three times so far and my Pilot still has only 700 miles.

·
Registered
41 Posts
tak

Regarding the passenger seat only heating on the bottom, this is as it should be according to the manual. I thought this was a problem but then read it is done this way due to the side air bag. Makes no sense to me but there you go.

·
Registered
27 Posts
lalo212 said:
Just wonder if any of you with new '04's would post minor or any problems continuing from those posted concernig Pilot '03. Thanks.
'04 Pilot with 1600 miles as of this weekend - just completed a 400 mile round trip. We got 20 mpg on this trip, the first all-highway driving I've done in this vehicle. Not bad considering we were dring in the mountains of western Maryland - we drove up to Deep Creek Lake from Bel Air, MD. Half the time the engine was rev'ing at 4000 rpm pulling us up the hills at 70 mph, the other half we were coasting down the other side. I did notice that if I dropped the speed to 65 mph, the engine only rev'ed to 3000 rpm, so we may have gotten better mileage on the return trip.

No issues so far, except I did have the starting problem I've seen described on earlier posts. Only happened once, so maybe it was technique - I did call the dealer and they 'didn't know of a starting problem' on the Pilots. I declined their recommendation to bring it in and read the codes as from what I've seen in the posts here, they never find any errors codes. I'll wait to see it it happens again.

·
Registered
138 Posts
no major problems

I only have 200 miles on my 04 but no real problems. I do have the cargo tray and it shifts to much for my liking, I wish it had a velcro type application to help keep it in place. I also might be hearing a rattle but have not investigated too much...I will soon as I HATE rattles.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Re: tak

driver said:
Regarding the passenger seat only heating on the bottom, this is as it should be according to the manual. I thought this was a problem but then read it is done this way due to the side air bag. Makes no sense to me but there you go.
It really doesn't make sense and my wife won't be happy knowing this. Anyway, <b>driver</b> you saved my trip to the dealer. Thanks. I should read the manual more thoroughly. :D

·
Registered
496 Posts
Re: no major problems

trlengle said:
I only have 200 miles on my 04 but no real problems. I do have the cargo tray and it shifts to much for my liking, I wish it had a velcro type application to help keep it in place. I also might be hearing a rattle but have not investigated too much...I will soon as I HATE rattles.
I haven't noticed mine shift - maybe the liner makes a difference.

Also, I have a rattle that I haven't investigated, too - I think it's the cargo cover, though.

kad

·
Registered
496 Posts
tim.s said:
Are they still building them with that stupid rivet in the wrong place? I had hoped they would fix something that simple. :(
Can you be more specific as to what the issue is?

kad

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought '04 Starlight Silver EX 6 days ago. No problems so far except for the intermittent noise from driver side seal. I thought I got a pretty decent price with about $1600 off the MRSP.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts