Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only way I can get air to the third row via the ducts under the second row is by directing all air (even in the front and second row) to the feet. If I try to direct some a/c to the feet and some to the fact, I get nothing under the second row going back to the third. It seems like I should still get some air to the third row via the ducts under the second row even when the air is split between the face ducts and the rear ducts. Has anyone else noticed this?

I'm not sure if it's a "fixable" problem or just a design flaw. It sure does seem like the people in the front and second row should not have to have a/c only on their feet in order to provide the third row with a/c.

·
Registered
244 Posts
AC 3RD ROW

2001 MDX brochure has diagram indicating air also flowing from beneath 2nd row seats and towards 3rd row. It states "The system's ducts reach all the way back to the third seat row, channeled under the carpeted floor, so all seven positions receive quick heating and ventilation." MDX brochure also shows a center console (between front seats) AC air flow control, which Pilot's don't have, for face level versus legs.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the Pilot's 3d row suffer compared to the MDX?

Gordo,

Thanks for the history from the 2001 MDX brochure. What a great community we've got here when we have that kind of depth to draw from.

I don't know if you can tell from the brochure, but do you think that the MDX can get a/c to the 3d row without having to put everyone's a/c on their feet?

(I'm still interested to learn if my Pilot is the only one with this "problem" of if they are all designed this way).

·
Registered
244 Posts
FLOW

Side view cut out drawing in 2001 MDX brochure shows red/blue (hot/cold) air flow arrows (referred to below as "set") as follows:

2 sets upper dash (I assume center and sides)
1 set beneath dash
1 set upper console (between front seats)
1 set lower console (between front seats)
1 set lower (beneath second row seats)

I have not triied it in mine to see if it's a problem so don't know. Can't tell from brochure as it only shows arrows flowing air to 3rd row seats from under 2nd row seats. Upper level arrows in 2nd row do not extend to 3rd row so only indicate flow to 2nd row passengers.

You may want to check Acuramdx.org board (bored) to see if they have anything on this subject.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Howdy Ag...

I just checked our Pilot and I think it's the same as yours.

Although the a/c display indicates that the air should be coming from both the dash AND the floor, only the floor vents and the side dash vents are working... the center front and upper second row vents are not flowing air. Conversely, when the center dash and second row vents are working, the floor vents are not.

Apparently, it is not possible to use BOTH the center dash and second row upper vents AND the floor vents at the same time.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chiefpilot

Thanks. I'm going to check your observation out tomorrow. While it would be nice to be able to have a/c from the front and middle console AND from the feet (and thus to the rear seats) I suppose I'm glad to know that my Pilot does not have a deficiency in this regard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts