Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Problems/Complaints/Nit-Piks

6K views 29 replies 19 participants last post by  brooklynpilot 
#1 ·
Having the Pilot for 2 weeks now, I find myself wishing things were a bit different and find myself noticing little problems/complaints. These are small, but I am posting them for solutions, responses, or for Honda to take note of:

1. dead pedal - I have noticed that it slopes toward the center of the car, making it an effort to keep my left foot relaxed and comfortable. Anyone else notice this?

2. night driving - when I turn down the dash board lights to a comfortable level, the center console lights are way too dim to easily read the heater settings, etc.

3. more night driving - the garage door opener buttons are not lit, making it a hunt and stab effort in the dark. (The dark steering wheel buttons being unlit have already been posted.)

4. panel brightness control knob - it is in an awkward spot to easily use. I tend to want to adjust it as my night driving moves from well-lit to dark roads. In every car I have ever owned, this has been an easy control to operate.

5. heating controls - they are way too confusing and require pressing too many buttons too many times just to get warm air to come out the dash and feet without a hurricane effect. And who ever heard of pressing the A/C button to turn it OFF! When set for floor heating only, air STILL comes out of the left and right dash board vents. The rear controls don't seem to affect the temp in the second seat much, it just allows the air to be turned off.

6. window main control switch - when I use that switch to turn off control of windows for passengers, I want to be able to adjust all the windows from the driver seat without having to turn the switch on and then back off when I'm done!

7. cold air leak - now that it is cold, I have noticed that on both the driver and passenger sides, my outside foot gets extremely cold from what feels like an air leak from the outside. Even with the heat controls turned up and set to floor only, the outside foot still gets uncomfortably cold when placed anywhere near the door. If I take a trip of more than a 1/2 hour, I will need to wrap by foot in a blanket. Anyone else notice this?

I still love the Pilot and would get it again, but I sure do wish . . .

See less See more
#27 ·
Re: Using pilot for kid hauling-nit-pick

74PILOTMOM said:
Are there any other Mothers or Fathers out there that think maybe the 60/40 split bench should be reversed to have the smaller side behind the driver?
Moving the larger side of the split is a little inconvenient making it impossible to keep a carseat/booster in the center (the safest place) when needing access to the 3rd row. Wandering around to the other side of this car everytime I get out is a pain.
Am I the only one with this thought? There must be a good reason for the design, I just haven't found it yet.
Interesting point... my CR-V is the same way. I don't have a 3rd row and I never fold the seat down, but I can definitely see that if I did, it would be more convenient if the smaller side were behind the driver. Perhaps they wanted long cargo to fit behind the passenger instead of the driver.

#28 ·
GR8PILOT said:
Here's a nit-pick- I've only had my Pilot for a week, but, here in central Ohio, the weather is EXTREMELY cold and nasty right now. Every car on the road is filthy with snow, muck, salt, etc. You get the picture.

Now, when I need to wash the rear windshield, I notice that the washer fluid only flows from one side of the windshield (driver's side) and it's barely a trickle at that. Do you suppose it's just frozen?
This is normal, that is the way it is supposed to be. Only one side.

#30 ·
GR8PILOT said:
Here's a nit-pick- I've only had my Pilot for a week, but, here in central Ohio, the weather is EXTREMELY cold and nasty right now. Every car on the road is filthy with snow, muck, salt, etc. You get the picture.

Now, when I need to wash the rear windshield, I notice that the washer fluid only flows from one side of the windshield (driver's side) and it's barely a trickle at that. Do you suppose it's just frozen?
Yes, it's supposed to just drip downwards in one spot. Although, being partially frozen may have something to do with it.

Not quite sure why Honda didn't make the rear wiper spray the same as the fronts.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.